Birthday Surprise

Chapter 8:

   Haru-sama's  pov

   I woke up and something was on top of me. I open my eyes an saw Samantha on me. She woke up and saw me.

   "Good morning," she said.

   "Good morning beautiful. When did you get on top of me?"

   "Oh, sorry." She got off of me and lay in the bed.

   I pulled her back on top of me and said "It's okay, I like it."

   She said "So what are we going to do today?"

   I said "We're going to get dress, then we're going to class, and then we're going to watch a movie later tonight." Her face brighten up at that last part.

   "What movie?"

   "I don't know but we'll have choices this time."

   "Okay. First you have to go help Hanbusa though."

   "You're making me do work."

   "I know jus go do it."

   Samantha's  pov

   He walked out the door and I followed him. I got to my door and I heard someone say my name.

   "Samantha," Hanabusa said "Thank you." I looked at him and nodded. I went into my room and got dressed for the day.

   Class

   We went in and I sat down in my usual seat. The teacher walked in and I was not happy.

   "Now Samantha," Haru-sama started, "I know you don't like him but you have to get used to him being here. Oh, and please do be nice to him."

   "For those of you who don't know I'm Toga Yagari and I am your new teacher." For the most part we sat in silence till we got handed a paper. I'm just so goo at math, from prior knowledge, that I got done twenty minutes early.

   "Miss. Samantha would you like to come to the board to do a problem?"

   "Not really," I said "But you should wait for everyone to get done before someone goes up."

   Haru-sama said "Hey, I thought I told you to be nice?"

   I said "I was nice, it just might not have come out like that and it was the truth."

   Hanabusa followed by Senri and said "Come on Samantha. Go up and do a problem please?" He was giving me the puppy dog face and I couldn't resist it any more. 

   "Okay, Hanabusa I'll go up. What problem do you want me to do?"

   Hanabusa said "Number fourteen please." So I went up to the board an wrote 8x + x + 3 = r + 4 + 4r.

   "Combine 8x and x, then 4r and r so the equation can be 9x + 3 = 5r + 4. Minus 3 and it becomes 9x = 5r +1. Okay with me so far?" He nodded his head and I continue. "Divide 5r + 1 by 9 to find the value of x. And the answer is?"      

   Hanabusa said "x = 0.56r + 0.11. How would you find the value of r?"      

   I said "You start with the second equation: 9x +3 = 5r +4. Minus 4 and the equation now becomes 9x -1 = 5r. Divide 9x -1 by 5."      

   Hanabusa said "r = 1.8x - 0.2."      

   I said "See it's not that hard to learn." Before I realize what time it was the bell rang. I said to Yagari "Um, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take up the rest of the class."