Things Happen

Chapter 3:

Samantha's pov

I woke up and Haru-sama had his arm wrapped around my stomach. I gently lifted his arm up so I could get out of bed and put his arm back down. I put on my blue bunny slippers, yeah normally they're pink but I wanted blue, and walked out the door. I was trying to find a way to the top of the roof but being new, I didn't know where to look. I finally found the door that led to the roof and walked up the stairs. The sunlight hurt my eyes. Since I've been living with a vampire, I've been following their schedule. Get up when the sun is about to set and go to bed when the sun is rising. I eventually go used to the light and saw everything.

I was staring at the back of the dorm. There was a river to my right and a pond or swimming pool to my left. It looked like the river flows into the pond but I couldn't tell from this distance. I then looked at the front of the dorm and saw all the trees, and everything in site. There was a little town far in the distance but clear enough so I can see it. I couldn't have ask for a better place. It is just one amazing site. It reminded me of Haru-sama's house or should I say our house. Our house was near some woods, so I would sit up in a tree for hours and just think. I was up there for an hour before the air changed. I looked behind me and saw Haru-sama who looked lost.

Haru-sama said "I figure you be up here. Did you have a bad dream?" I have been lately but I couldn't tell him that. At least I didn't have one last night. I wonder if it's because I slept with Haru-sama that I felt safer.

I said "No I just came up here to see the view. Why are you sad? I heard it in your voice."

He said "Because you got out of bed." I heard it. It was sirens going off and I don't like it when he's sad because it's something I did.

I said "Do I even have to ask?" It was rhetorical question. I knew he was going to stay sad unless I went back to bed. I got up and we went down the stairs and started having a poke war. We came to the second floor where the stairs were on my right. We started playing rougher and it kind of got out of hand. When we reached the top of the stairs, the poking went from poking to pushing. Just as we came to the top of the stairs, he pushed me down.

Haru-sama pov

What did I just do? Oh yeah, I just pushed my sister down the stairs. I went down to her and she was hurt. I couldn't tell how much but I knew it was something. I looked down at her and she looked up at me. She move her right hand, her left being by my chest, and wiped a tear away from my face.

She said "You shouldn't cry in public." She went to sleep and I took her to the infirmary.

Samantha's pov

I woke up in some room and knew it wasn't mine. Mine has a pink celling and this celling is white. I looked around the room and saw Haru-sama holding my right hand with head on the blankets. I kept looking at him and he finally looked up at me. He had tears coming down his face so I wiped them off of his face with my right hand. He said something but I couldn't hear him. He made a sad face, got a pen and piece of paper and wrote something on it.

'Can you hear me?'

'No please don't cry.' He looked at the note and then handed it back to me.

'I'll be back. I'm going to get the nurse.' I shocked my head in response and he let out the door. I looked at my left hand because it felt heavy. I saw it and it had a brace on. I got a chair and sat at the window. There's not much a person who can't hear do. I was there for half an hour before Haru-sama came back. He came over and taped me on my head. I looked up at him and he was holding his hand.

Haru-sama's pov

I lead her to the bed and we sat on the bed. I think I woke her up from a nap. Kaname-sama and the head master was by the door. The nurse was in front of Samantha, while the head master and Kaname were behind her. I had her moved her arms, legs, toes, and fingers to keep her awake. Something poked me in my arm. It was a note.

'Is one of those guys by the door is Kaname-sama?' I laughed to myself. How did she even know?

'Yes, how can you tell?'

'He gives off the same presence as you. Who is who?'

Samantha's pov

'The one closer to the door is the headmaster while the one in front of him is Kaname.' I saw them taking but I couldn't tell what they were talking about.

'The nurse said your hearing would come back with in the day. Your arm, on the other hand(no cliché), has to stay in the brace for four to six weeks. Would you like something to eat?' I smiled at this because he always thinks more about me than himself.

'Yes, please.' I looked at him and he shocked his head. Again I was alone. I sat in a corner closet to the bed. I just wanted to sit there and think but I was tired and went to sleep.

Haru-sama's pov

Food takes a long time to cook. It's dinner time so she has to eat something good. I finally finish make cheeseburgers with macaroni and cheese and went back to the room. I went in and looked at the end of bed, where I last saw her, and she wasn't there. I kept looking for her when I saw her in a corner by the bed. I put the food don on the desk, walked over to her and woke her up.

"Samantha. It's time to get up." She looked at me confusingly. I said "Samantha?"

She looked at me and said "Again."

"Again what?"

"Say my name again"

"Samantha." She leaped into my arms and gave me a hug. "Hey, what's wrong?"

She said "I can hear again." I hugged her back because this was the first piece of good news I heard all day. I wanted to tell her about someone who would be teaching the night class, but I couldn't ruin the moment. We ate dinner, played a board game then went back to sleep.

Unknown's pov

I went to the infirmary were Samantha is staying for the night and saw she was sleeping with Haru. What is it about these two people makes me worry so much? Last time I went to see her, they was sleeping together too. I need to know what type of relationship she has with Haru. I need to figure out what he has planed for her. Whether he keeps her as a human or changes her into a vampire. I left and went back to my own room.

AN: So I know this is going to be short but I already wrote this on paper. So the chapter that I am on, on paper, will be longer. Again sorry for it being so short. I'll try and make them longer promise.