Chapter Thirteen- Roadside Assistance

Yay!! Here you all go, I'm very happy with how this chapter turned out:) Please comment! Thanks! <3

  Thirteen 

 They were coming at me from all directions. It was dark. All I could see were their silhouettes, they’re glowing green eyes, they’re glistening teeth...They came closer, surrounding me as I was backed up against a tree in the middle of the woods. I couldn’t see Sydney anywhere, but I could hear her desperate cries for help. I wanted her to be safe, but I would get ripped to shreds if I moved the slightest... 

  I looked desperately around for Jack, and suddenly noticed I recognized one of the giant wolves in particular...

  Then I realized with a shock of terror, that it was Jack... he was closing in on me, siding with his pack, viciously snapping his giant, wet teeth. 

  He pounced on me, knocking me to the ground and standing above me, growling, his canine teeth inches from the skin on my neck. The tears burned my eyes and I could hear Sydney screaming in agony, yelling my name, pleading, crying... I squeezed my eyes shut, and I suddenly felt a sharp, indescribable pain, like a six inch thick needle inserting through my neck, except there were multiple stabs in just one bite, over and over again... 

  I gasped, flinching, as I sat up, disoriented. 

   “What’s wrong?” Jack asked, concerned, from beside me, making me jump again. I turned my head to the left, seeing Jack in the dark car, only the glow of the buttons on the stereo and clock illuminating his face... 

   “N-nightmare.” I stuttered, glancing at the clock that informed me the sun would be rising soon. It was quarter to five. 

   “You want to tell me about it?” he offered. I shook my head, swallowing hard. Jack would be furious if he heard about my dream... offended, hurt, and he would most likely apologize for frightening me. 

   “No... no, I’ll be fine...” 

  It was silent for a minute, until Jack spoke, breaking the dark silence. 

   “It was about Sydney and the pack, right?” 

  I sighed. “Yes,” I admitted, not mentioning he was siding with the pack. He did nothing but take my hand. What else was there to really do? Lie to me? Say everything was going to be alright? Say, ‘Oh, don’t worry, we’ll find her!’ when we both knew it wasn’t the case? No... no, there was absolutely nothing to say and we both knew that. 

   “This is why I was dreading dragging you and Sydney into this world.” he whispered. 

   “Jack, there was no other option...” 

   “I didn’t have to be such a dumbass, though. I could’ve just gone with the flow and dealt with where I came from like the rest of them did. I didn’t have to be stupid. If I had never rebelled against Max, Sydney wouldn’t be...” he trailed off, shaking his head. I swallowed the lump in my throat. 

   “Well, that was then. You can’t go back in time and fix it, so we just have to... deal. Wether you like it or not, we’re part of your world now.” 

   “But you shouldn’t be.” he sounded agonized, “Humans shouldn’t know about the dangerous worlds of immortals. And you sure as bloody hell shouldn’t be allowed to associate with them.That’s what kills me the most. That I’m still allowing myself to be around you... it’s a risk... I could get mad, I could snap, and that’d be the end of it... I would seriously kill myself if that ever...” he trailed off again, staring blankly out the windshield.