Chapter Eight- The Beginning of Forever

Authors note~ here's the next chapter everyone! Now, I've noticed that reads and comments AND votes have all been slow lately... so, I'd love it if you'd comment, please! And recommend to any of your werewolf-fanning friends:) Thanks! Enjoy~ WARNING! intense chapter ahead;)

    Eight

    There are no words to describe what I felt in that moment. I clamped my hand hard over my mouth, tears escaping my eyes silently, as these voices of the men that would take my life away were on the other side of the boxes.

    So, even if they did get to Jack, they were still going to kill me and Sydney. Not that'd I'd ever wish it for Jack to die just so me and Sydney could be off this hook, but... it was just something I couldn't help hoping for. I'm sure Jack would want the same thing. "Kill me, just let them go," I could almost hear him say in his husky, pleading voice.

    Always trying to be a hero...

    I wouldn't let him die for me, though. I would not let him die trying to become this hero that he was delusioned into thinking he could be. He couldn't stand against these six men. Though he had claws, teeth, power... they had all that plus blades. If you ask me, I considered that cheating.

    I heard footsteps as they walked around the long room and I heard boxes and different things being rearranged as I guessed they were looking for us. I saw a tall, black shadow move very close to us and I scooted closer to Jack, hoping they couldn't see my foot. I was shaking horribly and I couldn't breathe as I saw a tall, muscular-looking man with his back to me, throwing boxes off a big pile directly beside us.

    If they were going to destroy this pile...

    The only thing that was keeping us hidden...

    Protected...

    Sydney was safer, her right shoulder and back pinned to the walls, Jack on her left and the boxes in front. If anyone was in immediate danger, it would be me since I had nothing on my left. I prayed that we wouldn't cast any shadows that would be identified as human shadows.

    I felt like I was going to throw up, I felt like my world wasn't spinning, I was sweaty, shaky and all I really wanted to do was scream--or die. It had only been two days and I was already ready for this stupid little "adventure" to be over. I didn't want to deal with it another day. I either wanted this all to be a horrible dream, go home, or die... I'd personally prefer option number two, but... that didn't exactly seem like it was going to be an option for a very long time, if ever.

    "Nothing here, Max." the voice said, the one who's back was to me.

    "Hmmm... Well, Matthew, that's an awful problem, isn't it?"

    I thought I saw Matthew nod.

    "Well... then... look harder!" he yelled, pushing Matthew against a shelf, causing smaller boxes to tumble down on his shoulders.

    "Maybe we're looking in the wrong place. I mean, how do we know they didn't take the backdoor outside and they're already on the road?"

    "Simple, Josh. That's why we waited a few minutes. To see if they'd fall into our trap of going outside. Jack's not that stupid, he's somewhere in this hotel." Max clarified. 

    "But... if he's in this hotel, he knows he's trapped... right?"

    "Drobniak, I honestly do not have time for your incompetence. So, why don't you do what you're best at."

    "Which is what, sir?"

    "Shut up, look, and don't question me anymore! Got it?!"

    "Y-yeah, of course." he stuttered.