Chapter Five- Unidentified Future

• Dedicated to Anyone who's ever pushed through hard times:)

    Remeber to comment/vote/fan! Thanks! :)

     Five

    "Okay," Sydney said, annoyed, as we walked into the black forest, "so, can someone explain why we're in the middle of the dark, creepy forest when we're apparently being chased by 'werewolves'?" she made quotation marks with her fingers in the air. So sarcastic. I sighed.

    "They can't get to us here." Jack explained. She threw her hands up, exasperated.

    "This is just perfect! It's the middle of the night, I'm in the woods with some asshole who thinks he's a freaking wolf and it's not enough that--"

    "Shut up, Sydney!" Jack growled, whipping his head around to glare at her. She took two large steps and got right up in his face. She looked awfully short compared to him. He was over six feet tall now. Way over. When did he get so tall?

    "Make me!"

    "I will!"

    "I'm not scared of you, Jack," she whispered, stepping away. "You think that just because you can explode into a mutant freak that I should tremble in your presence, you think I'm gonna fear for my life because your genes are majorly jacked up and you can for some reason burst into a freaking dog, but you know what?! The only reason I'm scared is because I might never get to go home, thanks to you! Get that through your thick head, you idiot!"

    "Sydney, I told you to shut the hell up!" Jack snarled.

    "And I told you to make me!"

    "You two!" I yelled, stepping in between them and pushing them back. "Now, I know you two hate each other but that's your problem and I don't want to die because of it! This isn't about rivalry anymore, it's about teamwork! And if you two can't calm your shit down and get along, we're all going to die! Okay? Get it? Die!" I shouted, huffing in agitation twisting around and walking towards the direction of the car.

    "Kaylee, get back here!" Jack demanded.

    "I don't answer to you, Jack. Sorry." I continued to walk, not looking back when I spoke.

    "Okay, do you want to hear my plan or not? You're the one who said this was all about teamwork!" he retorted. I stopped in my tracks, exhaling sharply, before turning on my heels and strolling quickly back to them.

    "Fine. What's the plan?" I asked when I reached them.

    "Come on." Jack said, grabbing my hand and gripping Sydneys forearm tightly.

    "Ow, let me go! I know how to walk!" Sydney protested. He ignored her and started walking, leading us farther and farther into the dark night.

    It seemed like we were walking for miles, though it had to only've been a few minutes, when Jack stopped abruptly, yanking me and Syd back when we continued to walk.

    "You know, you're really grabby." Sydney griped, ripping her arm away from Jacks hold. He ignored her, anxiously popping his knuckles.

    "What's so special about this place, anyway?" I asked, looking around. It looked just like any other part of the forest to me. Black, tall trees, matted floor, damp, wood smell, mixed with the stench of unwashed animals.

    "What's special is that... we're not supposed to come here."

    "Why?" I wondered.

    He shrugged. "It's a territory thing, I guess. Boundaries. We've got restrictions on where we can and cannot go. Kind of like a safety precaution."