Chapter Twelve- Down Without a Fight

~~Authors Note: Hey everyone!:D Thanks for stopping by:) Before you start reading, I'd really like to ask you to please comment! I want to know what you think, and it's pretty much the only thing that keeps me motivated! Please and thanks! Enjoy~~

    Twelve 

  “This is crazy!” I yelled as Jack struggled and fought me, trying to force me in the car. I pushed against his chest hard, doing nothing, though I used all my strength. He was basically a brick wall. 

   “Hold still!” He demanded, buckling my seatbelt and holding me back against the seat. Once he had it securely in place, he was over in the drivers seat, gunning the engine and peeling out before I could possibly jump out of the car. 

   “Jack, do you realized what we just witnessed?!” I screeched, wildly flailing my arms around, throwing a little tantrum. 

   “Yes!” he exploded. “Yes, yes, yes I do, but you know what?! Right now, my only concern is getting you to where we need to be alive! Okay?! All I care about is keeping you alive!” 

   “Jack, I know you don’t particularly love Sydney, alright? You’ve made that clear! But, after everything, you’ve got to at least care a little bit for her, right?!” 

   “Kaylee, I do care about Sydney!” he yelled, “Even though she drives me up the wall, I love her! But I love you more, Kaylee, and if I have to choose between losing one of you or both of you, I’m gonna choose one! I’m doing this because I love you, Kaylee! Not only do I love you, but I’m in love with you, alright?! Is that what you’ve been waiting to hear?!” he demanded. I stared at him in utter shock, my mouth hanging open. He immediately returned his eyes to the road, glaring through the black windshield, flying way too fast past the wall of trees on either side of us. I knew he had to be pushing his car to the limit to go this fast. 

   “You’re in love with me?” I asked, whispering, not believing my own ears. He bit down on his bottom lip, gripping tightly on the steering wheel. 

   “Yes.” he finally said. I wanted to feel happy. I always thought the first time Jack admitted his true feelings for me, I’d be so overridden with joy... but at that moment... I just felt like it was complicating things, adding onto the stress. Relationship? Right now? Not possible...

  I looked down, tears accumulating in my eyes. 

   “Look, I don’t know if you feel the same way, but right now I don’t exactly have the time to worry about it, if you know what I mean.” he snipped. 

   “Jack, I--” 

   “Save it, I don’t want to hear it! All I want is to get you to South Carolina. Right now.” 

   “But, Jack, all I want is to find Sydney.” I pleaded. 

   “You won’t find her. All you’ll find is those monsters.” 

   “Jack, you’re one of them.” I whispered, “You’re part of that pack.” he slammed on the brakes, screeching the car to a halt. I could hear the tires squealing. I flew forward, hitting my head on the dashboard. 

   “Don’t ever say that again,” he growled, shaking. “don’t ever, ever, tell me that I’m like those... those murderers. I don’t care if my freaking stupid genes are screwed up, I am nothing like those killing machines. I. Am. Not. A. Monster.” 

  I was taken aback by his reaction. “Jack, I-I,” I stuttered. 

   “Listen, I don’t care what you’ve got to say now. This doesn’t even matter, alright?”