The Search for Paradise - Chapter 5

Chapter 5

**Bea's POV**

Why would Alex draw a picture of me?! I knew he was a player but I couldn't help the jolt of electricity (that was becoming increasingly associated with his name) going through me. I am so confused! I know Adam is right for me in so many ways but Alex is just... Alex! The bad boy who EVERY girl wants (and a few boys). Could the player be tamed?

Yes!

No

Maybe..

NO.

nononono!

I don't want to risk getting hurt again, not after Ricky! I was about to screw the picture up and bin it, but instead I folded it up and put it into my pocket, making sure not to crease it. What is wrong with me?!

**Courtney**

I've always loved my Grandma's house, it had a Victorian feel to it. The shrubbery animals and the trees in the garden complemented it's water fountain and sweeping gravel driveway. As Mum pulled up the driveway Grandma's guard dogs, (Fluffy and Roo, Dobermans but they really don't serve their purpose) came running up to the car wagging their little stumps of tails. 'Get Down Fluff- eww!! Stop licking me!' I struggled to get away from them but they just followed me as I went towards my Grandmas house. I pulled the heavy brass knocker back and knocked twice. I could hear her shuffling about behind the door, and then the big, wooden door was pulled back and there stood my Grandma.

She looked just like she always did, her grey hair put up into a bun, she had a scarf wrapped tightly around her neck and she was wearing a emerald green dress which looked really nice on her. Her face broke into a wide grin when she saw it was us. She pulled me and my mum into a tight warm hug.

'Well! What a lovely surprise! Would you like to come in?' (Oh! I'm out of biscuits again! Oh well, we'll just have to have scones with our tea!) That same wide old grin never left her face.

'Yes, thank you Sandra!' My mum replied. My Grandma was my Dad's mum, but my mum and her became very close, especially after my dad left us.

"Come, come inside both of you. I'll get the kettle on!" my grandma always had plenty of tea, as it was her favourite pastime.

It smelt like coffee and cigars. My Grandad used to smoke them all the time. I guess the smell hadn't worn off since his death. We went through into the dining room where my mum to wait in the living room while she chatted with Grandma. After a few minutes they called me through.

My Grandma explained to me that she could also read minds, and that it's clearly a hereditary thing. She then taught me how to follow up specific thoughts, and how to tune out strangers thoughts. We practiced on my mum, which, believe me, she did not enjoy.

We had lunch there as well, but she had no biscuits. (Surprise, surprise)

*****************************************************

Sorry it's not that long but, Chappie 6 is a big'un :)

- Charlotte XD