The Search for Paradise - Chapter 1

The Search For Paradise by Charlotte Higham, Charlotte Harrison is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License

By; Charlotte Higham and Charlotte Harrison

*  *  *

Chapter 1

It wasn't as if anybody had gotten hurt... It was totally stupid of the school to expel me for one stupid little food fight. I didn't even start it, it was that stupid bitch Jennifer, she'd been getting on my nerves all week, she kept flirting with my boyfriend! MY BOYFRIEND! I mean, who does that?! Nobody! Not to me! Nobody else was that stupid. 

OKAY! Rant over! Anyway, she texted him at lunch saying something about meeting up to snog or whatever. The closest thing to my hand (at the time) was the chocolate cake I had gotten for my dessert, which flew towards her like a missile.

It was a shame she got out of the way. It smeared Mike right down his shirt! It was hilarious really! But, he didn't think so and threw his mash at me, which hit Kevin. After that, it was pretty much a warzone for the rest of lunch.

So, totally unfair that I got expelled just because Jenni and Ricky played tonsil tennis whenever I wasn't looking...

SO! I had to go to another school after 'Spring break' (woo hoo!) or, as we English people called it, half term.

** 2 weeks later **

"Bea! Hurry up! We need to leave now!" My mum's voice drifted up the stairs.

"Fine, I'm coming!" I yelled back to her. I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs; my mum was by the door.

"Okay, go and get in the car and I'll lock up." Mum said to me as I put my shoes on. I walked to the car and got in. I was feeling strangely optimistic about this school, even though I knew I'd probably only be there for a few months.

After I arrived I got out and looked up at my new school. It was a big, grey building which looked like it had no life left in it, although the noise from the inside suggested otherwise. I said goodbye to my mum and walked up towards the front entrance.

"Hello, are you new?" I turned and saw a girl of similar height to me. She was smiling and had long, blonde hair. She was very pretty, although she didn't wear lots of make-up. She had green eyes, like emeralds and carried a sort of care-free air about her. She looked at me expectantly.

"Erm... yes, I'm new" I smiled at her, she seemed perfectly nice. "My name's Beatrice Donelly, but you can call me Bea."

"Okay, my name's Courtney. I can show you around if you want?" She said, pointing at the front doors.

"Yes please, I'll probably get lost anyway though!" I smiled at her and we went through the front doors and to reception. A lady in her middle fifties looked up, and I couldn't help but flinch when I saw a wart that looked the size of Belgium on the end of her nose. I felt sorry for her though because she still tried to make herself look nice, even though it was virtually impossible, so I smiled and nodded along, until she handed me my timetable and I scuttled off with Courtney.

She turned to me and laughed, "You should have seen your face! That was hilarious! She's called Miss Byrnes by the way! She's lovely, despite having such a huge wart!" I laughed along with her and she showed me the way to my form room which unfortunately wasn't with her.

I walked up to the teachers desk and introduced myself to her. "There's a spare seat next to Adam Bennet." She pointed to the back of the classroom. Adam was a tall blonde boy, he was completely consumed in a book, the title was '101 Ways to Kill Your Enemy'. Oh dear.