The Search for Paradise - Chapter 7

Chapter 7

**Bea**

It was the weekend (finally) and I was on the way round to Courtney's house. She was still a bit mad at me for kissig Alex, but she forgets stuff easily. I don't have a car yet, so I'm on my red BMX. Courtney's house was only two streets away, so it wasn't a 'treturus mountain climb' or anything to her house.

When I got to their grey gravel driveway, I leaned my bike against the hedge and went to the dark blue door. (*Knock *Knock *Knock *Knock) I took a step back, I don't know why but when you knock on someones door there is always a moment of awkwardness when you wait for them to open the door... or not.

The door swung open, a boy that look surprisingly like Courtney stood there. He had blonde hair and jade green eyes, just like Courtney's. He was actually quite good looking, I know I'm really not in the position to really think that right at this moment. But he really was.

"Hi i'm-" I started, "I'm Bea, is Courtney there?" I couldn't stop looking into his care-free green eyes, they made my legs go all jelloid.

"Errm... No she's out food shopping but, she will be in about 10 minutes though." He brushed a lock of wavy blonde hair out of his eyes.

"Oh, i'll come back later then, bye" I turned and started walking to my bike.

"Or you could just wait inside, while she comes back" He shouted to my shoulders, I looked over, he motioned a hand towards the hallway.

"Okay then" I smiled and followed him into their living room.

The living room was immaculate (well the WHOLE house was), The cream carpet was spotless and the brown leather sofa's shined. There was a giant chandelier in the centre of the ceiling . It was like the centre piece of the whole room.

"I'm Ben, by the way. Courtney's twin brother." He smiled.

"Yeah, I kind of guessed. You have the same eyes." Why did i mention the eye thing...

"Do we? I've never noticed before! Do you want a drink or anything?"

"No i'm fine thanks." I answered. Ben sat down on one of the sofa's.

"I've haven't seen you around school!?" I say as I sit on the sofa next to Ben.

"I go to Blakewood High, it's on the edge of town" The light from the chandelier was on his eyes, making them sparkle.

"Cool." I smiled.

"So, is Bea your real name then, or is it just a nickname?" His and my eyes locked gazes.

"No, my full name's, Beatrice. But don't call me that! Call me Bea... Please." I could tell by the cute smirk on his face that he would call me Beatrice.

"Okay, Beatrice." I hit him lightly on the arm. "Okay, okay Bea then! I prefer Beatrice though it's pretty." We sat staring in to each others eyes for about 5 seconds. Ben moved closer to me.

 For one moment I thought he was going to kiss me.

"Hi i'm back" Courtney said ruining the moment, as she came though the front door. Ben quickly moved away, just as Courtney came in the room with a loads of TESCO shopping bags. "Oh... Hey Bea, I didn't expect to see you here!?" She looked at us really suspiciously.

**Courtney** 

(Omigod, omigod play it cool Bea... it not like anything happened PLAY IT COOL!) Bea smiled but,  was shuffling nervously in her seat.

Wait what had happened I'm confused.

Okay somethings up!!

Bea has just kissed Alex and know she's round at mine with my brother... Wait what!?? I mean, Alex is one thing. He's a player but he's drop dead gorgeous. I think any girl (including me, of course) would kill to be with him for just one, romantic, special, unbeli- No! Wait! I'm getting off course! I am totally over him anyway... But I mean, Ben?! As in Ben. Ben, my brother, Ben. EW! NO!

"What are you doing here?" I asked questioningly.

"I just came to call for you, and you weren't here so Ben invited me in." Bea flashed a glance at Ben and I could see that her eyes were filled with lust and confusion.

I could tell she was telling the truth (about that part anyway) by reading her thoughts quickly.

I tried to tune into Ben's thoughts but it was as if I was pushing against a brick wall. I couldn't hear anything. He looked totally unaware. Huh?!

I tried again. I tried to push through the field but failed.

**Bea**

I was smiling, but I was crapping myself on the inside. ARGGHHHH!! This is so awkward.

WAIT.

It didn't even need to be awkward. We didn't even kiss.

"Oh, I'm just gonna take these to the kitchen." I Courtney held up the shopping bags.

"Okay." I smiled.

**2 hours later**

**Ben**

"Ben can you come to the kitchen please" Mum called down the hallway. Okay what was this about what have I done!? As I made my way down the hall I tried to think of all the possible reasons why I might be in trouble. "I have something to tell you."

********************************************************

Sorry it's not long but if you don't like it fu.

So, Team Alex, Team Ben or Team Adam?

If you spot any spelling mistakes please say! :)

Charlotte <3

✿ ..................... ✿ ............................ ✿ .......................... ✿ ................................ ✿......................... ✿ ...................... ✿