The Search for Paradise - Chapter 3

Chapter 3

**Bea**

The next day was pretty boring until third lesson, it was Geography. I was practically asleep, the teacher just droned on and on and on! I think he was getting frustrated because NOBODY in the entire classroom was paying him any attention (except maybe Brian, but he was the teachers son, so he would probably be grounded if he didn't concentrate).

I was woken up by Courtney prodding me sharply in my arm with a Biro. She giggled and then passed me a note.

It read; Bea,Erm, hi, it's Adam. I was just wondering if you wanted to go to the cinemas with me this weekend? I really like you but Alex has taken an interest as well; I'm a bit worried about that but I'm sure you won't fall for his shitty games. Text me. Bye, Adam x

His number was scrawled on the back of the note, I squeaked quite loudly when I had finished reading the note and most of the class turned to look at me, including the teacher, Mr Brown.

'Is that a note, Miss Donnely?' He asked.

I shook my head and said 'Er, no I saw a spider!' I saw Adam smirk out of the corner of my eye. Mr Brown nodded slowly, then turned back to the board and carried on droning about mountains.

"Lemme see that!" Courtney snatched the note off me and read it through, her smirk growing as she read it.

"You are gonna go right? I told you he liked you! I told you! I always know these things!" She winked at me and smiled, I rolled my eyes.

"I suppose I should go! To be honest I do really like him!" I whispered to her. She giggled but (not to my surprise) said she already knew, and that it was 'obvious'.

Courtney and I sat and did our work for the rest of the lesson, but I did notice Adam's glances at me throughout the remaining hour. The rest of the day went smoothly, and I got a lift home from Courtney, who I found lived surprisingly close to me.

My keys rattled in the front door as I yelled out, "Mum! I'm home!" She busily came out of the kitchen, smiling at me. My little sisters and brothers were in the living room, I came from a large family. There were 7 of us, my mum, my dad, my two brothers, my twin sisters and me.

I sat down on the couch and turned on my laptop. I updated all my usual feeds and then unlocked my phone. I opened up my texts and wrote one to Adam, I had never gotten round to replying. The conversation went as follows:

Me: Hey Adam, I'm free tomorrow night if you want to see a film. Love, B x

Adam: Hey B, how r u? Im gd. I was nervus bout askin so I sent a note, yeh tomoz is fine wiv me. Pik u up @ 8. Adam x

Me: 8 sounds fine to me. I’m alright thanks and I’ll see you tomorrow at school. Bye, B x

Adam: kk l8r x

My mum and dad came into the living room and we spent the rest of the evening doing usual family stuff. We've never been in one place for too long because my parents are artists and they like to travel 'to get inspiration', but this evening they told us that they wanted to stay in this town and do something different, maybe become sculptors. I was glad that I would be staying here because I'd never lived anywhere longer than a year, plus I really liked it here, so far.

*************************************************************************************************************

Next chapter will have the date in it :) Usual 3 days till next upload, but if we get lots of votes, maybe earlier!

Courtney to the right XD

Vote, fan, comment, makes us feel loved :D

- Charlie:)