Chapter Sixteen

Disclaimer: I don't own Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead does.

RPOV:

Christmas came around fast. It was decided that we would have a Christmas dinner in a rarely used lounge in the guest house. Lissa and Christian had finally had sex a couple weeks before that, after months of celibacy for my sake, and were now closer than ever. It was quite disgusting actually, considering the fact that I got pulled in. On the bright side, though, it seemed as if virtually 'being' with Christian took away some of my phobia, because I could now have guys sit by me. Not enough for them to touch me, but a huge improvement from the three foot distance that had been necessary in the beginning of the year.

Dimitri and I became closer than ever after our talk in his room. The baby moved frequently now, and every time I felt it, my love for it seemed to grow.

On the other hand, I started to dislike Tasha. Every time I saw her with Dimitri, I couldn't help but be jealous. She had everything I didn't, and she could give Dimitri everything I couldn't. I dreaded the day he realized this. I knew, despite his constant denies that she could give him anything he wanted, that someday he would go to her. That knowledge scared the hell out of me and made me very insecure about myself, and jealous of Tasha. It caused me to be irritable and snappy whenever I saw the two of them together, which was giving Lissa whiplash.

I felt bad about taking my anger and overall bitchy mood out on Lissa, who had no idea what was going on, but I figured it would be better than me actually coming up to Tasha and punching that scarred face of hers.

When the Christmas dinner rolled around, I was extremely excited. Dimitri was going to 'escort me to make sure I didn't get hurt,' which was a round-about way of saying he was going to be my date for the dinner.

I spent a full hour getting ready. I had a beautiful red maternity dress. It was a wrap front design, with a belt just below my bust. (link to pic in A/N) I loved it. For shoes, I decided to wear simple flats; my feet had been hurting me lately. I let my hair flow naturally down my back, and put on very little make up; just eyeliner, mascara, and eye shadow. The overall effect was astounding. If I was a dude, I would totally do me. I giggled at the thought.

Just as I was finishing, a knock sounded at the door. With my heart pounding excitedly, I opened the door to Dimitri.

My breath caught as my eyes trailed over him. He had on a pair of black jeans that fit him perfectly, and a black button down shirt that emphasized his muscular torso. He wore boots on his feet, as expected, but had his hair down, just like I'd asked him.

My gaze reached his face just as his reached mine. Both of us smiled as we realized we were checking each other out.

"Hey, Comrade," I breathed.

"Hello Roza," he murmured, lifting one of his hands to run it through my hair. "You look beautiful."

My smile widened. "You clean up nicely yourself."

He chuckled. "Shall we go, milady?" He offered me his hand dramatically. I giggled at his antics.

"We shall," I replied with a British accent. He chuckled again as I slipped my arm through his.

I was reminded of that the day so long ago when he did the exact same thing, except he was several feet away. I smiled at the memory. I had come so far.

We made our way happily to the lounge, joking and laughing the whole time.

When we came in, Tasha jumped up excitedly. "Dimka! You're here! And, wow, don't you look handsome," she giggled flirtatiously, running a hand down his arm.