Chapter Eighteen

Disclaimer: I don't own Vampire Academy, Richelle Mead does.

RPOV:

I rushed down the hallway to Dimitri's room. Tears welled up in my eyes.

Just before I reached his room, I slammed into a warm wall. I bounced back, and steeled myself for the impact, but warm arms wrapped around me, pulling me into their chest. I started to scream when I felt the familiar shocks wherever the arms touched me. Dimitri, feeling me tense, let me go, backing away so there was a foot of space between us.

I looked up into his concerned eyes. "Roza! What's wrong?" he asked urgently.

"He's here, Dimitri! He's here, and he's gonna hurt me again," I whimpered.

"Who? Who is here?" he asked, confused.

"HIM!" I exclaimed.

Just as I was about to continue, a figure appeared in the corner of my eye, running a pale hand up Dimitri's arm. I was so wound up and nervous and afraid, that seeing Tasha all over my Dimitri snapped me, and my fist was in her face before I was even conscious of making a fist.

Tasha fell to the ground, not at all prepared for the punch in the face. She clutched her cheek where I punched her, on the opposite side of her scar. At least now she matches, a voice said in my mind, sounding mildly interested. Shit! Was what the rest of me was thinking.

"Shit!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, Tasha!" I forced the words out. That's what she got for hanging all over my Dimitri, although when he became my Dimitri, I wasn't sure.

Dimitri knelt down, helping her up. Once she was standing, I got a good look at her cheek. It was red and had already started to bruise. Oops.

I ran a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry, I'm just wound up, and I wasn't expecting to see you, and I thought you were someone else, and you startled me, and..." I continued to ramble on while Dimitri made sure nothing was broken.

"It's alright," Tasha assured me, looking oddly triumphant. "I shouldn't have snuck up on you like that."

"Are you alright?" Dimitri asked concerned.

That's when it hit me. No wonder she looked so smug! Dimitri was hanging all over her, making sure she was fine.

I gritted my teeth, then the reason behind all this came crashing down on me. "Oh, God," I uttered, feeling myself start to shake.

Dimitri sighed, glancing at me. "I have to take Tasha to the infirmary. Why don't you -"

"No!" I exclaimed.

Dimitri froze, looking at me with astonishment. "What?"

"Don't leave me alone," I pleaded, glancing around.

What I had said previously seemed to enter his mind. He looked between the two of us, torn for a moment, then let go of Tasha's arm. "Tasha, can you go by yourself? I have to take care of Rose," he asked.

Tasha turned ten shades of angry, but then calmed down. "I – alright, whatever," she muttered, walking away.

We watched her walk away. Once she was out of sight he turned to me. "What's going on Rose?" he asked.

I swallowed, glancing around again. "Can we – can we go somewhere...private?" I asked, my voice high.

He stared at me a moment longer, before taking my hand and pulling me to his room.

"What's happening?" he demanded once I was settled on his bed with him sitting next to me.

I took a deep breath. "My r-rapist is here," I stumbled over 'rapist,' not used to saying it.