Chapter Seven

RPOV:

 I grinned as Christian walked in. “Speak of the devil....” I said. 

Lissa giggled, while Christian, aka Sparky, raised an eyebrow.

“Talking about how irresistibly sexy I am, are you?” he asked jokingly.

I gagged, pretending to vomit. But just as I was about to reply with a witty remark, my acting became reality, and I sprinted to the bathroom, just before the contents of my stomach spewed out of my mouth. I felt someone come up behind me and hold my hair back. From the bond, I knew it was Lissa.

Once I was done emptying my stomach I stood up slowly, and walked over to her sink, rinsing out my mouth.

“You can use my tooth brush,” Lissa said sympathetically. Ever notice how sympathetically has PATHETIC in it? Yeah, I had, I though bitterly. But regardless, I used her tooth brush to get the disgusting taste out of my mouth. Once I was done, I turned around to face her and sighed. She had that sympathetic yet pitying look on her face that I wasn't sure she knew she had.

I sighed again. “I'm fine, Liss. No need to hover.”

She continued looking at me with concern, but moved so that I could get out of the bathroom.

As I walked back into the room, I saw Sparky sitting on Lissa's bed, also looking concerned. Well look at that, Sparky has a heart!

Suddenly, I got an idea. Usually, it took me weeks of being around a guy and getting used to him before he could walk within 10 feet of me. But with Dimitri it was instantaneous, which made me wonder if I was finally getting over it. Or maybe it was just him. I hoped not.

“Sparky, come here,” I said. Christian got up hesitantly, and walked toward me, stopping the customary 5 feet away.

I shook my head. “Come closer.”

He hesitated again, then slowly took a step forward.

Almost instantly, my palms started to sweat, and my breathing picked up, as if there was a bubble around me and Christian intruded on it with his one step, causing my body to react. I quickly shook my head, and he leaped back, knowing not to push me.

I closed my eyes as my shoulders slumped in defeat. Looks like it was just Dimitri. I didn't know how to feel about that. On one hand, I was relieved because he was going to be my guarding partner, and my mentor for the rest of the year. On the other hand, I was disappointed because that meant I hadn't moved forward at all. It also made me wonder why he was the only person who could immediately get within 6 feet of me when I barely knew his name. And where he came from, if his Russian accent was any indication.

I shook off these thoughts, looking up to see Lissa and Christian looking at me patiently.

“What was that about?” Lissa asked once she saw that my attention was on them.

I shrugged. “I just wanted to see if I’d gotten better, ya know? Now that I have a mentor, I really need to get over this; how else is he going to train me?” I asked, mostly to myself.

Lissa's eyes widened. “You have a mentor? And it's a HE?”

I nodded absentmindedly.

Lissa's expression became positively alarmed. “Well, we can't have that! You'll be a nervous wreck! I’m going to go to Alberta and change this!”

She was half to the door before her words registered in my mind. But when they did, I hurried over to her, stopping her before she walked out the door.

“No, no, no, Liss!” I exclaimed. “I already talked to Alberta, and we figured it out,” I assured her.

Lissa looked at me carefully. “So you now have a new mentor now, right? A female one?”