Chapter Six

Disclaimer: I do not own Vampire Academy, the amazing Richelle Mead does.

RPOV:

I froze when he asked me that question. Suddenly, the memories bombarded me. Getting closer to my mom. Going to visit her over the summer. His flirting. His touches. His arrogance. His refusal to believe I denied him. His hands all over me. His eyes compelling me to stay still. The look of satisfaction on his face at my screams.

“Come on Rose, you know you like it. You're just like any other dhampir, aren't you?” I screamed as he penetrated me again, the pain like fire inside my body, bloody and hot. “Yes, you like a lot.”

All of a sudden, there was a pounding on the door. We both froze and he look at the door, frustrated. I opened my mouth to scream when my mother's voice came through the door, and I hoped.

“Keep it down in there, would you? There are other people in this house too, you know!” and she left; he put his hand over mouth my mouth before I could make a sound.

He smiled sadistically down at me. “You heard your mother, Rosie. Keep it down!” and with that, he sank his teeth into my neck, biting me as he continued to push and pull, in and out. I was lost in a world of pain, and agony. I lost myself, wishing it would stop, wishing I could do anything to stop it.

I forced the memories out of my head. They left me breathless with agony.

“I don't want to talk about it,” I said, me voice raw. His face looked astonished. I didn't think that he had expected me to admit that it actually happened.

“Oh, Rose,” he said softly. I shook my head, standing up.

“I don't want to talk about it,” I repeated firmly, wanting to just bury last summer in the back of my mind, a very hard feat since the proof of IT was in my stomach now, and it had only occurred 2 months ago, barely.

Dimitri looked at me for several long moments, then nodded. “Alright then. We have about,” he looked at the clock, “10 minutes left. Go out to the track and run. Let's see how many laps you can run in ten minutes. We'll start a more formal lesson tomorrow, when we have the full hour, okay?” he told me.

I nodded, then went out to the track and did several stretches, preparing myself to run.

“I'm going to time you, okay?” Dimitri called from his place by the track, where I assumed I would be starting.

I looked at him, confused. “But I thought I was going to do as many laps as I could in ten minutes?”

He nodded. “Yes, but I want to see what your times are for each lap.”

I nodded understanding.

“Okay, on your mark, get set, go!”

I raced around the track trying to get as many laps in as humanly possible in the ten minutes. I was used to running because my mom had made me run while I was with her over the summer, and Alberta had also made me run when she had trained me last year to catch me up on things. Last year I actually had many mentors, since everybody was busy and couldn't have daily training sessions. I was grateful that this year I had just one mentor, even if he was a man. I couldn't handle different mentors in my state, which made me think that that was why my mom had gotten Dimitri to train me. That and the guilt. I thought bitterly, speeding up once I noticed that while I was thinking, I had slowed down.

The ten minutes passed by surprisingly fast. My mind was full of thoughts, which helped distract me from the burning in my legs and lungs from the excursion. I finished the last lap, stumbling to a halt in front of Dimitri. Or, well, about 6 feet away from him, I thought wryly.