Chapter 5

Juliet

He looks at me with a placid calmness.

"You're pregnant...are you sure?" I nodded. I still had tears falling down my cheeks, waiting for him to yell at me and tell me to get the hell back home that he never wants to see me again but it never happened.

He let out a breath.

"This is unexpected but perhaps the best time." I frowned, what the hell?

"Best time? This seems like the worst time." At his lips, a faint smile played.

"Since you have my flesh and blood apart of you now, I can't guarantee your safety. Unless..." I had no idea what he meant about my safety but I felt a chill run down my spine as his voice turned from rich and soothing to merely cold.

He looked around and pursed his lips, his jaw clenching.

"This is our secret, no one, and I repeat no one must know it is my child. You can continue working for me but you must act like you aren't pregnant. When you start showing I'll make another plan." He said like I was now just another one of his toys he throws away. Like I was a problem that needs to be taken care of.

"What do you mean by my safety?"

"Juliet, there's a side of me that you won't ever see but by getting pregnant, you put yourself in harm's way just because it is my baby there are a few people that would love to see my unborn child die just to prove a point," he pursed his lips.

He looked me in the eye, his blue eyes full of emotion, maybe it was worry or maybe it was joy, I wouldn't know since he's still like a brick wall to me. So he's telling me that there are people out there who would harm me just to get to them if they knew.

So I should just act like I am not pregnant? Not tell anyone? I had no choice if I want to keep this baby. What the hell just happened? What kind of job was he doing?

He looked at me for a moment then pulled me close to him, his lips over mine, slowly caressing me. The strong scent of his aftershave surrounding me, for a moment I forgot this was my boss and I felt comfortable in his arms, his lips on mine. He ended the kiss, making me snap back to reality, we couldn't make the same mistake again, he promised me and so far is keeping his promise.

"The next two weeks are going to be torture for me but maybe you'll realize with who you're actually dealing." He muttered the first part but clearly said the latter it didn't sound like a threat, it sounded like he was trying to comfort me.

I retreated back to my room, locking the door behind me. This was a big mess, how could I be so stupid? Well, it takes two to tango.

I called Ava, praying she would pick up. Even if she isn't supposed to know, she is my sister. 

"This better be good or so help me, you know how I feel when I'm woken up." She wasn't a pretty sight in the morning until she had her first coffee.

"It's very important, I'm pregnant," there was a moment of silence.

"Really? That's great!" I wanted so badly to just snap at her but it was midnight already.

"It's my boss's baby Ava, he's telling me to keep it hidden."

"Holy shit...you mean he was your one night stand." She knew I had a one night stand but I never told her what I found out about him and me. After another moment of silence on my part, she spoke up.

"When you come back we'll talk about it, just don't do anything yet, I'll keep it quiet, there's something you should know about him, Juliet...just keep your eyes open he's dangerous." I sat on the bed after our call ended a bit confused. He seemed dangerous but I didn't know how exactly to take her warning, he was warning me about others who have it in for him and she's warning me about him too.