Chapter 22: My First Love's First Love

VOTE and COMMENT!!

--------

Heartless are the ones who loves and wanted to be love despite having to say goodbye. --Antan_Hannya

--------

LEN'S POV

She was quiet the whole remaining time. Palubog na ang araw, kaya niyaya ko syang sumakay ng Ferris Wheel, Sky Eye, kung tawagin nila.

I wanted to have this ride with her...

end day with a memory worth remembering...

and confess the lies I've told her.

I saw her slightly shiver in the gust of wind, so I came closer to her and my heart reacted in an instant.

*I almost forgot how it feels being with the one I love* I murmured unconsciously.

Napatingin sya sa akin, eyes questioning what I've said. I smiled at her not wanting to repeat my words.

"Sulli. Ako ba ang first love mo?" I asked her when our gondola reached the peak of the Sky Eye. Her cheeks blushed as her eyes diverted from mine. "H-HINDI ANO!"

"Ganun ba? Mabuti naman." I said. I thought I was her first. Ah...maybe she fell inlove sa kung sino man na kahit sa Diary nya ay sinesekreto nya? Ayon kasi dun, she's still finding someone to fall in love with. Someone who she'll love but wouldn't love her back.

I first believed that was a pathetic wish. But, I now understand her reason for such a one-sided affinity.

Who would want to be loved when you know you'll leave that person hurting when you die?

Si Sulli at ako...

we can't love each other in this lifetime.

I can't let her love the 'me' in this lifetime.

And I don't deserve even the slightest bit of her love in this lifetime. Masyado akong masama para mahalin nya.

*Miane, nado neoreul saranghaggikka, Sulli* I whispered as another breeze swift past through us. UGH. How ignominiously gay!

"Ha? Na Do? Nyo? Hika?"

"Wala sabi ko. Nilalamig ka na." I removed my jacket and place it on her shoulders then hugged her from the back. She shivered again. "Nilalamig ka pa rin?" She shook her head, but I still hugged her tighter.

Now it's time for the real confession.

"Ikakasal na ako, Sulli."

"HA?!" she instantly stood making the gondola sway, and she lost her balance. Before she could land on the floor, nasalo ko sya. She clutched my arms begging "Nagbibiro ka lang di ba?"

Sana nga, nagbibiro lang ako...but I am not.

"Seryoso ako, Sulli. Next week. On the 11th."

Tears welled up from her eyes. Iyon ang kahinaan ko. I cupped her face with my hand and stared into her eyes "Arranged marriage lang yun Sulli."

"Arranged marriage? Uso pa ba ang ganun, Lenard?"

Katahimikan lang ang naitugon ko sa kanya.

Hindi ko kasi pwedeng sabihin...na isa akong Song. At sa mundo ko bilang myembro ng Song clan, ang kasal ay ipinagkakasundo talaga ng mga pamilya. No one breaks that rule. Dahil parang pagtalikod mo na rin iyon sa pamilya mo...sa mga magulang mo...sa ma ninuno mo...