Chapter Twenty Six: Nothing Lasts Forever

HAZEL

Rachel was doing an impressive job of keeping Behati at bay. Her and James hadn't been gone long but she already had one new spell under her belt and some form of control. James really must have some powerful witch friends, maybe we could use them against the hunters.

'And what the hell are you suppose to be bitch?'

Rachel didn't like being called a bitch, she flicked her wrist again and Behati was bought to her knees. Rachel wouldn't do anything that would intentionally hurt Behati's unborn child because she wasn't a monster. But that wouldn't stop her pushing her power to the limits. All I could do was watch in awe as my best friend walked forwards with confidence until she stopped in front of Behati and forced her to look her in the eyes.

The rest of the pack also watched in awe. It was obvious earlier that Matt, Jesse, Mickey and PJ didn't think Rachel would make a powerful witch because of her dolled up appearance. But now half of them had their mouths open speechless, it was a picture perfect moment.

'I'm a witch who you've pissed off Behati.'

'Do you know that Derek and I use to laugh at how pathetic you were? He never loved you Rachel, he used you like I used Adam. You were naive and believed every word he fed you.'

Rachel's eyes twitched at the mention of being used by Derek. What would she do now there were no light bulbs to smash? Plus she had more power. Adam and I took a cautious step back and the others including James did the same. Behati saw this and again her facade dropped now she knew she might have taken things too far. Rachel smiled before clenching her fist causing Behati to rise and wrap her own hands around her throat. Behati choked herself while Rachel stood back and watched with no emotion.

'Tell Derek he can go fuck himself and that this pack is under my protection, and if I ever see your smug makeup caked face anywhere around here or near Hazel then I won't be so nice next time.'

Rachel released Behati who struggled for air before scurrying down the drive. Adam let me go just as Rachel staggered slightly but James got to her first and caught her.

'I scared the shit out of her James, it was worth the headache.'

Next thing Rachel passed out in James's arms. He looked so protective over her; they would make a cute couple. Maybe I could play matchmaker when things died down.

'Is she okay James?'

James nodded at Jesse before he scooped Rachel up in his arms.

'She needs to rest and take things slow. I'll take her to my room to rest.'

Everyone nodded in agreement and followed James back into the house leaving Adam and I alone. It was a non subtle way of telling us we needed to clear the negative air between us. I wiped a stray tear away remembering what Behati said about Derek cutting my babies out of me.

'Hazel look at me, are you okay? I know you're not and I want to try and make things work between us.'

Adam turned me around to face him and cupped my chin, another tear escaped down my cheek and he wiped it away. The gesture was sweet and I heard the honesty in his voice when he talked about wanting to make things work between us.

'I blame these emotions on the pregnancy. My heart is torn Adam. A part of me hates you for how you treated me but then another part of me still loves you madly. I'm at a crossroads and I don't know which way to go. And with Behati and Derek life just got a whole lot more complicated.'

Adam nodded and pulled my head against his chest, I breathed in his familiar scent while he ran his fingers through my hair softly.

'Take as much time as you need Hazel. I'm going to earn your forgiveness and win back your trust. But if anything ever gets too much then I'm here to be a shoulder to cry on or whatever you need really.'

The babies took the moment to kick again, this time with more force. It was as if they knew their daddy was nearby. I pulled back from Adam as they kicked again. Adam looked torn, he wanted to be able to freely touch my belly but he knew he needed my permission. They were his children and I wasn't going to deny him this moment, every dad should be able to feel their child kick.

'You can feel them kick Adam. You are their father after all.'

'Thank you Hazel.'

Adam smiled and closed the gap between us before he placed his hands on my belly as they kicked again. He looked chuffed and proud of himself. This was a cute moment, maybe Adam and I could get past our differences and still become the small family I spent my nights dreaming about.

JAMES

I tucked Rachel up in my bed and watched her for a couple of minutes to make sure she didn't stir. Rachel had the potential to become a powerful witch with the right training and I intended to be by her side the whole way, there was something drawing me to this brave and beautiful girl. She had so much power earlier when she was strangling Behati, but she never looked so small and innocent laid in my bed.

'James and Rachel sitting in a tree...K...I...S...S...I...N...G...'

My head snapped to the bedroom door where Hazel stood grinning.

'Quiet Hazel, Rachel needs rest.'

Hazel laughed and started making kissing noises.

'Maybe the four of us can double date sometime.'

A smirk curled on my lips and I quirked an eyebrow at Hazel who yelped before running away. I stroked Rachel's cheek before chasing the pregnant luna down the stairs. We made it into the lounge before I caught her and began tickling her.

'Hazel, what did you do to James?'

I released Hazel who patted Jesse for taking my side.

'James has a soft spot for Rachel.'

I went to deny her accusation when I realised that it was true. Adam walked over to me and slapped my back.

'Go for it mate, both of you deserve a happy ending.'

Maybe I would make a move on Rachel but only when she'd recovered. Hazel looked ecstatic that her best friend might actually find real happiness.

'If you hurt her James I will chop off your dick and force you to eat it.'

I gulped, Hazel didn't make empty threats. She smirked upon seeing my fear before Adam wrapped his arms around her. I was happy that the two of them were trying to work things out, after all the shit Hazel had been through I wasn't the only one who deserved a happy ending. 

Stalk me Online:

Twitter: @MsBuddingStar (Main)

Twitter #2: @mediagirl94 (Wattpad)

YouTube: youtube.com/bethrobinson94

Instagram: mediagirl94

Tumblr (fandom): fangirl94stuff

Depop: mediagirl94