Chapter Six: Makes Me Wonder

Photo - Shane West who plays Derek

Chapter Six: Makes Me Wonder

HAZEL

I had a peaceful sleep for the first time in what felt like forever, no red eyes which was a blessing. I rolled over and picked up my phone which had a missed call from Jake and an unread message from Rachel. After yesterday I was surprised she'd messaged me, what could it be about? I unlocked the phone and opened the message. She better not still be acting cold towards me.

RACHEL: Hey sorry about yesterday, I have someone I'd like you to meet. Do you fancy grabbing lunch?

I raised an eyebrow at the message. She wanted to meet me for lunch and show me someone. Was this the guy from yesterday? Was she ready for me to meet her new bae? The apology was rare though, even if she was in the wrong Rachel was stubborn and didn't believe she should ever have to apologise for her actions.

HAZEL: When and where? I'd love to meet them, I'm curious.

RACHEL: Rose Cafe, 1pm. I've told him so much about you.

I was slightly taken aback, why had she been talking about me? I didn't know this guy yet but he knew who I was. I needed to ring Jake and see what he wanted; also maybe he could shed some light on the situation at hand. What kind of guy asks about his girlfriends friends before he even meets them, I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach about him and I hadn't even met him yet.

I rang Jake and he picked up on the second ring, normally he wasn't awake before midday on a Friday. It was our day off from college so he chose to sleep in. What had changed about today?

'What do I owe the pleasure of this call Haze?'

He sounded groggy and half asleep, a smile tugged on my lips before I spoke.

'Why are you awake Jake? And also you rang me remember.'

I heard shuffling on the other end of the line.

'Rachel has a new guy, they are very loud.'

I tried to conceal my laughter but failed, so that's why he was awake before Rachel was keeping him up with loud sex. I composed myself, I didn't want details I just wanted someone to give me some advice.

'Well I'm having lunch with Rachel and the new bae today. Rachel messaged me before, I'm a little concerned about this new guy in her life though.'

'Tell Jake what's on your mind buttercup.'

I threw the bed sheets off me and climbed out of bed. I walked barefooted into my living/kitchen/dining room combined. I rubbed my eyes with my free hand as I pondered how to tell Jake my concerns.

'Well Rachel said that she's told her boyfriend stuff about me. I think it's a bit off, I mean I don't even know his name.'

Jake was silent on the other end for a few seconds. I walked into the kitchen and turned on my coffee maker and watched it brew, it wasn't Starbucks quality but it would have to do. I fiddled with the pendant around my neck, I needed to message Adam and say thank you after talking to Jake. I pulled out a mug just as Jake decided to talk again.

'That's off, the least she could have done was given you his name. Tell me what he's like, I've only heard his sex voice and he sounds delicious. But I was distracted by Rachel's moaning; damn that girl needs to turn the volume down.'

I chuckled and poured myself a mug of cheap coffee.

'You want me to tell you if he's fit and if his appearance matches this delicious sex voice? It doesn't matter that he might be a creep as long as he's fuckable.'