Chapter Eleven: She Will Be Loved

HAZEL

We pulled into my apartment complex, the ride over had been quiet. The nice kind of comfortable silence where neither of you have to speak because you're just content being in each other's company. Adam got out of the car first and walked around to my side before opening the door and offering his hand. I would never get sick of him acting like a gentleman to me.

"Why Mr Levine I didn't know you were this smooth."

His lip twitched upwards into a devious smirk at my choice of words, as I took his hand and climbed out of the car. He tugged me close to him and leant down to whisper in my ear.

"Is it working love?"

A shiver ran down my spine, but now it was my turn to smirk as I pulled my hand out of his and stepped away. His smirk turned into a cute pout which made me chuckle under my breath. I patted him on the chest before strutting past him and flicking my hair over my shoulder.

"Maybe, but you might need to show me a few more tricks Adam. Or do I call you my alpha?"

ADAM

"...Or do I call you my alpha?"

Just hearing her call me 'her' alpha was music to my ears. The wolf inside me growled in approval, Damn Hazel was a tease and she knew exactly what she was doing to me with her words. Sure she'd overheard my conversation with the guys but I didn't want her to think that I was just playing around with her heart just like any other female conquest of mine in the past.

"Come on pop star stop daydreaming. You need to go ahead of me just in case the hunters have left me any surprises."

Her silky voice bought me out of my thoughts; I glanced over to the stairs and noticed her leaning over the edge grinning ear to ear like the Cheshire Cat. Of course I needed to go into her apartment first, I knew what to look out for, and I didn't need a dead luna before she could even properly become one.

I jogged up the stairs and past Hazel, in the corner of my eye I noticed that she was checking me out. Now I may be painted in the media as vain and egotistical but every guy liked it when a cute girl checked them out.

"Eyes up here love, I'm not some object. I have feelings you know."

Hazel burst into a fit of laughter. I turned back around on the stairs; I was a few steps in front of her so I towered over her. She folded her arms over her chest struggling to get her laughter under control.

"Oh you love it when girls check you out. Besides when I walk past you can honestly swear that you won't stare at my ass? I have a pretty nice one after all."

I hummed in agreement, Hazel had a rather luscious figure which the change had done wonders for in all the right places. To prove her point she pushed past me but not before giving her hips a little shake, my eyes found themselves staring at her bum.

"Told you Mr Levine now let's go and get my things."

She puffed her chest out, this was a little habit of hers she did whenever she felt proud about being right. I hadn't known her that long but I was already seeing all these little things she did unintentionally which were attractive. This had to be a freaking big sign that we were meant to be together. I rolled my eyes and followed her up the rest of the stairs to her apartment.

Once inside Hazel made a beeline to the bedroom to start packing, I was surprised to find no hidden tricks from the hunters. They must still be regrouping and didn't have enough time to set up traps around the apartment. Since Hazel had left me to my own devices I decided to explore, the first thing I noticed was how tiny her apartment actually was. The living room was also the dining room and kitchen, there were two other doors one which led to the bedroom and the other I assumed was the bathroom. A few photos were hung on the wall. Hazel was in all of them along with other people including Jake and the Rachel chic who was banging Derek. I couldn't see any photos of her with any family members, when Jake phoned earlier and said it was a sour spot this is probably what he meant. I was really close to my family; especially my mum and I couldn't imagine not talking to her.