Chapter 12- Unravelling the past

Hey to all  - this is a small chap coz I don't have much time...  Enjoy.

_________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 12 - Ashley and her secret relationship... Tuck. Tuck.

I winced.

Had I just kissed him?

His big blue eyes were staring at me and I recognised what I had first seen in them: love. It wasn't just now that he had expressed it, those eyes had shown it for a long long time, It had been me who had taken so long to realise it.

Well, I couldn't deny it now.

He liked me too.

He pulled me close to him, his hands around my waist, and he brushed his lips gently against mine once again. I shut my eyes. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest, ready to jump out of my body. My blood flowed rapidly in my cheeks, making my face as red as ever. I lifted my hands and pulled them up high to his shoulders, where I entwined them with his soft toffee brown hair.

The whole world felt as if it was in perfect harmony. I never thought I would feel so complete, so..  full, and I pushed that nagging thought of this being illegal completely out of my mind.

'Mara?!' I heard my name being said in the background. Andrew waved frantically at where the sound was coming from.

'We didn't ask for music...' He whispered against my lips.

I pushed Andrew away from me with all the force I had and looked up to see where the sound was coming from.

He seemed taken aback and stared at me with his big ocean-blue eyes wide in shock. I put my finger to my lip and ushered him to be quite. He slowly nodded, taking in what had just happened and picking up his helmet.

As I looked to where the sound had come from, I saw Ashley walking arm in arm with some boy in a hoodie. They were heading towards our direction.

I slowly leaned back in to the leaves behind me, trying to blend in unnoticed. Andrew had put on his helmet - but Ashley already knew that it was his!!

We are so going to get caught,,,

But when she came close she walked right past us, and I heard her voice once again. Mara would never say that Jacob! She must have meant... ' Her voice began to fade off as she walked into the distance.

Few, that was close.

I just realised what had happened.

I had broken the law.

I had just had physical contact with my biochemistry teacher.

Whoa.

Andrew looked at me with a sort of relief spreading on his handsome face,

"Sorry... I shouldn't have suddenly..." He began

I sent him a look that sent daggers.

It shut him up straight away.

"How many times are you going to apologise to me And - I mean Sir - I umm . . Just, let's just forget it okay? We are both in a heightened state of emotions - its nothing more. "

"You can call me Andrew you know, you don't have to go on with Sir..." He looked at me with the most adorable look you will ever see in a man... I think I should stop liking him and adopt him...

"I dunno, it doesn't sound ... right.?"

"To me it does."

"That's because it's YOUR name"

"Coming from YOUR mouth"

"Can we go home now?" I asked.

"Don't wanna spend time with me...?"

"No, it's not like that! I just wanna be home"

"I thought you said no one was at home."

I stopped for a minute.

"No one is... My mum's in a meeting and my brother is at his football club" I replied.

Andrew suddenly got up and brushed bits of grass off his shirt. He held out a hand to me and I took it, pulling myself up.

"I'm going to take you somewhere."

"Where?"

"You'll see"

I slowly followed him on to the bike and put my own helmet on my head.

I wonder where he'll take me. I smiled to myself - I was sort of going out with my teacher. Andrew was texting someone and I was getting terribly impatient and excited

"Mr. Andrew!!!!" My heart seized to beat,

Was that Ashley?

Oh no not again

I saw Ashley running up to us, she looked at me wide-eyed, and then looked at him.

A smile spread through her face.

"Hi!" She chirped happily to the both of us.

"Are you his girlfriend? Nice to meet you! I'm Ashley, one of the girls in his class at Starview... " She rose her hand to greet me. 

I hesitantly shook her hand. 

Wow, I'm so glad I'm wearing a helmet.

"Hey! You have the same necklace as my friend! Except hers says her name... " My hand immediately went to my necklace, covering up the obvious 'Mara'.

"What does your one say?" She slowly came closer, trying to make out the letters under my hand.

Andrew immediately interrupted Ashley.

"We really have to go, or we're going to miss something."

He put on his helmet and started the motorbike.

Ashley giggled while nodding and quickly waved goodbye, running back to the hooded figure. I was getting a little suspicious of the hooded figure... Was she having a secret relationship without telling me or Faye? She is soo dead.

Andrew chuckled. "Yeah, as if you aren't having a secret relationship - a secret forbidden relationship"

What? How'd he know?

"You're speaking your thoughts out loud, Mara."

Oh.

"yeah."

And we took off once again. This time as something more than a teacher and a student.