Chapter 17 - Me, My dream and My Perverted [Fake] Teacher.

Midnight. It was dark and gloomy outside, and everything looked blurred. Nothing could be seen amidst these dark trees, and not a soul could be heard. The moon was cowardly peeping in through the branches of the trees, creating a shadow that looked like claws on the soft, wet ground, ground that could make even a leaf sink into the never-ending quicksand beneath it. Everything was quiet, even the wind had silenced itself, for it felt the tension - and the danger.

There was no movement anywhere. No sign of life existed here, no breath, no heartbeat. Even the trees seemed disfigured and deformed, as if some powerful force had taken away their energy to live. On the bow and branches of every still-standing tree, there lay some symbol of death - depicting the future of the one who stood here. Silence. Eerie silence. The bush moved. Something behind it moved, and there came sound of a footsteps, slowly getting closer and closer and closer.

"Stop running away from me, please listen!" Came a voice from the same direction. The voice was charming, but that was all a lie. A lie. A deceit. Stepping out of the bushes was a man, a man who could only be described as an illuminated shadow. He held his hand up and reached out...

With that touch, everything changed. All of a sudden there was a classroom. The man stood in the corner of this classroom, slowly whispering something incoherent while gently placing a sweet kiss on a dark haired girl's cheek. She gasped. "Can anyone see us like this?" She asked, looking around her to reassure no one was there. The man stroked her hair lovingly, a look of grief in his eyes.

"That's one advantage of being invisible" he whispered in her ear.

She smiled, her eyes twinkling with happiness, and she pulled him closer to herself. But he didn't move. Her hand just went through him and he looked at her as if he knew this was to happen. Slowly, she began to turn translucent, and then transparent, until all that was left was a blinding aura. And even its light began to fade, getting dimmer and dimmer...

"NO!" I woke up with a start, knocking down the vase of flowers Jacob had bought me. The vase smashed into tiny little pieces that scattered across the bedroom floor. What was that all about? I thought to myself. Just a bad dream I guess, I began to lay back down into my bed - just as I heard a knocking at the door.

"Come in" I murmured.

The door opened and in walked Jacob, obviously just coming straight out of bed. When he turned on the lights I could see him clearly - and may I add, I was glad for that! His hair was messed up in all directions, and he wore a white vest with some simple striped pyjama trousers. Although this description may make him sound like he was some crazed pyscho who had run out of hospital, he looked very handsome.

An image of the real Andrew flickered through my head. As much as it hurt me to admit it, I thought Andrew was a bit better looking than Jacob. Just a little bit though.

"Are you alright?" He asked, obviously worried yet taken aback by my staring.

"Yeah, just a bad dream, I'm fine now" I replied.

"A bad dream huh? Then what about all this?" He kicked a shard of glass and it rolled across the floor, creating a squeaky sound.

I looked at him, trying to look as innocent as possible. "I knocked it over..."

"Well okay, make sure you don't walk on that glass when you wake up, we'll clean it first thing in the morning..."

"You sound as if you're my Dad! I won't. Goodnight Jacob, you can go now - I honestly am really tired and would like to go back to sleep - its 2 am!"

He began to walk out of the door and grinned, shaking his head.

"What?" I asked, a bubble of curiosity welling up inside me.

"Are you sure you feel safe?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"Yeah... I guess so" I replied. To be honest, I didn't like this room, but oh well.

"So you don't want any strong arms to protect you during the night?"

I stared at him, a bit shocked by how blatant he was.

"Thanks... I'm good."

"Are you sure you're sure?" He asked again hopefully.

"Definite. Positive. And besides, I think I need protection from those strong arms..."

Jacob chuckled, walking out the door. 

"Night Jacob." I yelled after him.

"Night Mara." He yelled back, making every attempt to make that sound as wrong and perverted as possible. I shook my head, this was so typical of him!

But he was one of the most amazing people I had ever met, not to mention a great friend.

Well, as they say... Chi trova un amico trova un tesoro. Wait? What is that? My mind felt blank for a second...

I could see tiny flashes of light beeping around me, and my mind felt as if it was working overdrive. Memory. Trying to remember. And then I remembered what it meant! Yes! I remembered what it meant!

Chi trova un amico, trova un tesoro - He who finds a friend, finds a treasure.

I could remember a saying... Maybe one day I would remember everything!

That saying goes really well with Jacob! I thought to myself. I'll tell him I remember this first thing in the morning. I lay down and pulled my duvet over me, feeling like a child who was excited on new year's eve. I couldn't wait to tell Jacob - he'd be so happy!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay so I'm not really happy with this chapter, I might even rewrite it, but hey - ppl kept asking me to update so... HERE!

Sorry its not too long - i just didn't have the time.

Thnx all for reading!