Chapter 10 - Too close contact....

Uh, Physics.

I kept my head dug in my hands while the supply teacher went on and on scribbling about a billion names on the board for detention with the principal.

It was like witnessing a baby naming event.

I think I should just sleep. I shut my eyes.

When I opened them again, all of the names had managed to have a thousand behaviour warnings written next to each of them, causing me to wonder what pathetic idiot came up with our discipline system...

As the bell rang symbolising the end of a school day, I showed no hesitation in rushing out of my classroom - I really did NOT want to hear the teacher's life story for what would be the fiftieth time.

Today had gone really fast, I thought as I remembered all the events that had taken place...

I had woken up late and missed the first 10 minutes of a mock exam and had slept through the rest of the day... Why was I feeling so tired all the time?

Suppressing a yawn, I quickly managed to hug Ashley and Faye and made my way home - thankfully in one piece.

 As I was fumbling about in my pocket to find my keys I couldn't help but get a little excited upon hearing the roar of a motorbike rushing into the street and into the driveway next to mine. I was again stunned silent by this handsome looking figure with the most amazing body who was now parking on the driveway. My hand automatically shot up to wave at him as I pretended to be occupied by my keys.

"Hey" He shouted out in that charming voice he possessed.

I smiled. Looks like it hadn't been such a bad day after all...

He beckoned me to come over to him. I did as I was told, after all, I was a very obedient student.

He looked at me for a while, and then took something out of his pocket. It looked like a sheet of paper... some form of note..

I quickly took it from him and stuffed it in my pocket.

He smirked at me "You have very distinctive handwriting you know Mara, and very distinctive taste too... Do you find a thrill in going against the law?"

I was quite confused. What did he mean?

His eyes looked menacing, and there was something in them that I couldn't quite make out.  I quietly continued to gaze into his eyes and he returned my gaze. So deep... ,I kept staring, not realising how close I was to him, until I felt a furry thing rubbing itself against my legs.

"AAAGH!" I screamed at the highest pitch I could, so loud Sir toppled off his motorbike. I stood still in shock trying to work out which part of my biochemistry teacher could be that furry.

From the corner of my eyes I saw a hairy tail wagging along and my heart began to follow its rhythm. I sprung off the ground on to the little brick wall that was made to separate our driveways, yelling and gasping for breath.

Sir went hysterical.

I could only make out little bits of what he was saying but I could tell he was insulting me.

"You... dog... jump... scared... small just... tiny.... funny... ha ha ha"

Aww he looked so cute while laughing

Shut up Mara! I squeezed that thought completely out of my head and glared at him. It certainly wasn't funny.

The big german shepherd went to my house driveway and began barking at me from there, making itself comfortable with my door. I stood there horrified.

It should have taken me less than a second to jump off the wall and land in the front of the other house.

But it didn't.

I hadn't realised that Sir was standing right behind me when I jumped.

And I had landed right on top of him, knocking him flat to the ground like a bowling pin.

I lay there, too traumatised to move and looked down at my teacher pinned underneath me. He looked startled to even say anything.

He looked speechless.

For the first time I had actually stunned him speechless - something I'd been wanting to do for quite some time - just not in this way.

His eyes looked very dark now - his pupils looking bigger than usual. I must be blocking the light.

"Mara, is that you, what is going on?" Why did that sound like my mum?

My MUM!

I quickly bounced up and off my teacher and nearly choked on air when I saw my mum walking out from the door.

"Oh, there you are, I just heard the dog and - Mara why is your teacher lying on the floor like that?"

Few she hadn't seen me. Wait! What?

I glanced behind me and realised that Sir was still lying on the floor - was he dead? He got up and dusted his trousers, shooting me an electrocuting smile. 

Great, he made it look ever so suspicious.

"I, uh, mum the dog.. it umm ... and I - Sir..." I began, pointing at the German Shepherd whimpering behind her.

"The dog attacked me." Sir lied smoothly.

My mum looked at him with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh, that explains the bruise on your forehead... Are you okay Andrew? Did it bite? Would you like to visit a doctor? " My mum had believed him.

I stared at his forehead, there really was a bruise there. My hand reached up to my own forehead and a throbbing pain shook me as I touched it.

I must've bumped my head into his when I jumped.

Sir was now shaking his head "No thank you, I think I'll be fine. It didn't bite... It sort of just, jumped on me, maybe just to get close..." I could see how he deliberately looked at me when saying 'close'.

Idiot.

"Mara are you okay, you look very pale, come on inside, bye Andrew"

My mum walked inside the house and I began to follow.

"Mara, seriously, control yourself..." Sir teased, winking at me and rubbing his forehead.

I shot him a piercing glance and followed my mum into the house.

When I closed the door, I reached into my pocket and unfolded the note Sir had given me.

Why did I recognise it?

It was the note I had given to Faye in biology. The one I told her specifically to destroy.

The one where I'd written:

I think I'm in love with our teacher.

Oh great.

__________________________________________________________________________

What d'you guys think? Y'know, I'm gonna make it intimate between them - I don't care who reads! Please comment and remember, I don't proofread so soz for any mistakes!