Chapter 18 - The Sunset, The Kiss, and The Trigger.

Okay people, this is it, the chapter that you have all been waiting for... The climax, the turning point of everything... You may recognise bits of it...

Belt up!

Chapter 18 - The Sunset, The Kiss, and The Trigger.

The sun was almost set, and I could see the beautiful orangey haze painted like a line across the sky. The view was spectacular, breath-taking. I simply stood there on the balcony completely dumbstruck by the beauty of the scene. It sparked memories in my head, but I couldn't remember things clearly. Everything was just vague. Like a big blob in my head.

I looked around me, I was standing on the balcony of Jacob's flat, 3 floors high. Although I had a terrible fear of heights, I felt safe. The balcony was painted white, with little silver flowers that were carved into the railing. It truly added meaning to the beautiful sunset.

It had been two weeks since I had started school. Jacob had really helped me to resettle in. Everyone had constantly been telling me that I had changed, but I couldn't really tell them the reason for it...

Speaking of Jacob... He had been acting really weird recently. Distant. He had constantly been saying he was a bad person and that he was selfish - it didn't make any sense!

I thought of my life so far. Here I was, standing on my fake teacher's balcony after losing my memory because of an accident. I'm so glad my accident wasn't brought to the media's attention. But Jacob was helping me, he was the one person that I knew I could trust. I knew I could believe in him no matter what... But why was he helping me?

Why did he care about me so much?

To be honest it was a little bit suspicious. But my I loved him and so I trusted him.

Today was supposed to be the day of the shooting star, and I couldn't wait to see it! I looked down towards the road and saw Jacob make his way home. His hair for some reason looked different, and he wore a black leather jacket. As I squinted to make sure, I noticed a little bruise on his head - What had happened? I quickly ran to the door and held it open, worried if he was okay.

When he looked at me his eyes seem to seize to move. It was almost as if he was looking at me for the first time. I could see he had lenses on because his eyes, even in the dim light, were the bluest blue there ever could be. They were beautiful, although he hated it when I said that.

"You're...here?" he asked, as if surprised I was here.

I put my finger on my lips, signalling him to shut up and rushed him up the stairs. I hope we wouldn't miss the shooting star!

As we reached the balcony my eyes caught sight of a bright light streaking across the dark blue sky. It was truly beautiful and magnificent.

"Well, make a wish!" I chirped to Jacob, who looked very hot - in a different way - today.

"What should I wish? I have you back..." His voice sent shivers through my entire body, and I felt hypnotised. What was wrong with me?

I shook my head and wrinkled my nose.

"That sounds cheesy." I laughed. I had already made my wish - and it wasn't as cheesy. I wanted to meet Andrew as soon as possible - and hurt him.

"I really missed you..." He whispered, now close to my ear, his hands slipping around my waist and holding me tight.

What was wrong with him? He had only been away for about an hour or so...

I spun around, standing on my tiptoes and reached up to kiss him. I felt sparks fly through my entire body as his lips met mine, and I could feel myself go limp in his arms. Wow, since when did he become such a good kisser? I thought to myself.