Chapter 19 - The Grande Finale

The rebound of the gun took over me only seconds after I had pressed the trigger, and I was hit with a force that sent me reeling backwards. I stood still, my eyes squeezed shut. What had I done?

Memories of the past came flooding back into my mind. All those secret, hidden dates; all those times hiding in the shopping centres; kissing in secret... All those lovely moments full of passion and commitment. All the time I had spent so long being in love - forbidden love with my biochemistry teacher...

And then I had just forgotten him?

And trusted some random man I didn't even know properly?

I felt a warm tear run down my cheek, and I let out a loud cry. I didn't think I was ready to face this.

I am not a murderer.

I am not a murderer.

I am not a murderer.

I heard the sound of something moving above me, and felt wind rushing past my hair. But before I could completely open my eyes I was pulled away, into strong, warm arms that held me securely.

As I opened my reluctant eyes, I saw who was holding me. I gasped with shock, because his eyes weren't emerald green...

They were blue.

"Andrew?" I asked, confused. How did he...?

I heard the sound of something shattering and immediately spun around to see what it was. The boiler that would usually have sat aligned with the roof was now on the floor, spewing steam and gas all over the place.

I shook my head.

"How did you... survive?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

He smiled, a smile that showed relief and longing.

"You aren't exactly a pro when it comes to shooting high school teachers Katelyn..." He murmured, his arms wrapped around my waist. I had accidently shot at the rope that was holding the boiler above us, and it had broken...

I grinned. It felt like centuries ago since I had heard my name.

I shook my head. "Weren't you tied?"

He chuckled slightly, picking me up into his arms "You don't have the strength to tie me properly and besides, the rope was oily." He moved is nose so that it was briefly touching mine. I giggled silently, putting my arms around his neck.

He moved closer and gently brushed his lips on mine, but I moved away, teasing him a little. He stared at me.

"Come on.... its been so long!" He grumbled.

I laughed.

"Its illegal, Sir!"

"I really don't care much for the law! And this is coming from a girl that nearly killed me!"

I bit my lip and looked away. I felt guilt wallow up inside of me at the thought, what would have happened if I hadn't missed? I shook my head violently and brought my lips to his. He responded almost immediately, and we were floating on cloud 9, amongst love and passion and... the thrill of doing something forbidden.

"Uh-hum" We immediately broke our kiss at the sound of a cough coming from across the factory. So fast it was almost like instinct- it was a skill we had both acquired from all those secret kisses in the classroom...

I immediately jumped out of Andrew's arms, standing up and glaring at Jacob.

"You have some explaining to do Jacob." I said as I crossed my arms, anger fuming up inside me.