To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {1}

Oh my god, the first chapter of the sequel of "Arranged marriage to a rich......Jerk?!" is here!

The plot will be...sorta the same. It'll involve a jerk like it did in AMTARJ. I'll be adding different plots and twist to it as I write chapters of it so I hope you'll like this story.

Anyway, I hope you like it!

----------------------------------------------------------

"Even when I'm walking on a wire,

Even when I set myself on fire,

Why do I always feel invisible, invisible?

Everyday I try to look my best,

Even though inside I'm such a mess,

Why do I always feel invisible, invisible?"

- "Invisible" by Skylar Grey

---------------------------------------------

    "Ariana! Ari! Dude! Wake up!"

    "What is it, Carter?" I groaned, glancing at my brother.

    "Get up! We're gonna be late!" Carter says, swinging his backpack over his shoulder, "The bus is going to come in 10 minutes!"

    I sat up, swiftly and looked at the clock.

    6:35.

    "Oh my god!" I shouted and literally, sprinted to the bathroom.

    I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, washed my face, put on my make up and ran back to my room to get dressed.

    I grabbed the first shirt I saw in my dresser and stripped my pj's off.

    I got dressed, grabbed my bag and ran downstairs to the front door.

    "Bye mom, dad! I'll see you when I get home!" I shouted towards the kitchen.

    "Bye honey, have fun!" I heard mom call out as I opened the door.

    I ran out and met Carter at the bus stop.

    "Hey, you made it." Carter said, smiling at me.

    "Yeah, thank god." I said.

    "I really need to get my permit. I hate walking down here every weekday." he said.

    "When are you getting it?" I asked.

    "I'm gonna sign up tomorrow and hopefully get my permit next year." he replies.

    When the bus came, we got on and I sat in the back with Carter and his friends...who I secretly hated. They were always flirting with girls, trying to get into their pants. They often flirted with me, which I hated.

    "Hey Ariana, how are you doing today?" asks one of Carter's best friends, Drake.

    "Fine." I said, trying to avoid eye contact.

    "You're a little shy today." he says.

    "I'm just tired. It's a dreadful Monday." I said.

    "Dude, stop scaring her. She obviously doesn't like you." says another friend of Carter's.

    "C'mon, she likes me. Right, Ariana?" Drake says, leaning forward towards me.

    I scooched back a little in my seat and gave him a fake smile, "Um...I can't really answer that question."

    "C'mon, Ariana. You have to like me. I'm your brother's best friend. I---"

    "Drake, stop. You're scaring her." Carter warns, glaring at Drake.

    "I just wanted to know." Drake says.

    The rest of the bus ride was quiet. Drake didn't bother me for the rest of the ride but he was talking about how "cute" and "hot" I looked today with his friends.

    When we got to school, right when I got off the bus, I spotted my boyfriend, Cameron, talking to my best friend, Kerri. I smiled to myself and hurried over to them.

    "Hey guys." I greeted, grinning.

    "Hey babe." Cameron said and gave me a peck on the lips.

    "How was the bus ride?" Kerri asked.

    "Terrible. Carter's friends were bothering me again." I said, rolling my eyes.

    "Who do I need to punch today?" Cameron asked, an angry look rising in his eyes.

    "It's fine, Cameron. Thanks for the offer though." I said, smiling.

    We walked inside the school and to our lockers. Kerri told us she would meet us back in first period as Cameron followed me to my locker.

    "Can I ask you a favor, Ari?" Cameron asked me, leaning against the lockers.

    "Sure, what is it?" I asked.

    "I got a really bad grade in Spanish last Friday." he replies, "And I thought maybe you could tutor me?"

    "What did you get?" I asked.

    "A 21." he said, quietly.

    "Wow. Really? A 21?" I said, shocked.

    "Yeah. So, do you think you can tutor me for my next test?" he asks.

    "Sure, why not?" I said, smiling.

    He smiles back and gives me a kiss.

    When we heard the bell ring, signaling all students to head to first period, Cameron intertwines his fingers with mine as we headed to our first period class, Biology.

    We met up with Kerri in front of the classroom door like she said before.

    "So, didya hear about the new student, coming in?" Kerri said, smiling.

    "There's a new student?" I asked.

    "Yup. And it's a guy. I heard he's really cute." she said, "He's gonna be in our art class, Ari!"

    "That's cool." I said.

    I felt Cameron wrap his arm around my waist, pulling me closer as I looked at him.

    "Are you okay, Cam?" I asked.

    "Yeah. It's just---"

    "Cameron's just jealous that the new guy might steal you away, Ari." Kerri says, answering for him.

    I looked at Cameron whose eyes showed jealousy.

    "Aw, Cam. Don't worry, I'll always be your girlfriend. I'm sure the new guy won't take an interest in me." I said, hugging him.

    "He better not." he says, hugging me back.

    But when art class came 3rd period, what I said was wrong.