April

Disclaimer: I don't own TMNT or the characters. The plot for this fanfiction though, is mine.

A/N: I'm going to be in Indonesia and by the time I publish this, I'll be back at home, lazing around as usual. No wifi for two weeks is kinda sad... And I'm writing this chapter while in Indonesia, which is why it'll be published late. That said, I'll shut up now and continue writing. Have a good day :3

I land on my feet, panting as sweat trickles down my forehead. The fight is still ongoing, and Dark Mikey shows no signs of tiring. I glance behind at the cage. The emotions and Donnie need to think of a plan, and fast.

I duck down as Raph flies over me, crashing onto the floor. I throw my tessens at Dark Mikey, and they barely make a scratch in his shell. A small part of me feels relieved nothing happened. After all, He looks like him. Hurting him would be like hurting Mikey.

Leo dodges a nunchuck and stands next to me, katanas drawn. I can't help but notice that the blades seem dull. Have we really been fighting for that long to the point that his blades have worn down?

"We need a plan, and fast." Leo States. "Well thank you captain obvious," Raph remarks sarcastically , getting up. "We just have to hold him off for a little bit longer. They're sure to come up with something," i say, striking Dark Mikey yet again in the shell. "Yeah. If they're not fighting. Donnie and Wisdom clash like lemon and milk. Put em' together and we've got trouble,"

"It's the best option we have." Leo says. Dark Mikey laughs, "trying to think of a way to stop me? Boy, are you all fools. I am darkness. Darkness and light exist together, and one cannot exist without the other. If the balance is shifted, chaos ensues. By killing me, you're just going to disrupt everything and make things worse. Discord is a better option than upsetting the balance even more and possibly killing Michaelangelo..."

I let the words sink in. How would we defeat him now? Leo, Raph and Donnie would never kill Mikey, and neither would I, so it was a choice between dying here or surviving, but with a price. Leo narrows his eyes. "And how do we know you're not lying? Trusting your words would be the last thing I'd do."

"Yeah! Leo's right! If we do get rid of you, then wouldn't it be better for Mikey? If any Darkness consuming him were gone for good, this mess would be taken care of and our lives would be back to normal!" Raph says.

Dark Mikey shakes his head, placing his nunchucks back into his belt. He smirks mockingly, like an adult enlightening an ignorant kid, and leans against a wall casually, as if we weren't trying to kill him.
"Everyone has darkness manifesting inside of them. Even the happiest person has some sort of darkness that eats away at them, no matter how big or small. Have you seen a person with no hope left at all? So sad and angry at the world, a depressed waste of space? Or a person so happy that they couldn't possibly have any care in the world?" He pauses, and I see a trace of sadness flicker in his eyes. But it's gone as fast as it appeared.

"People can hide their sadness. Their anger. Their pain. Their hurt. Sometimes the best actors are not the ones you see on TV, but they're right in front of you, masking their true feelings." It's true. Seeing Mikey's memories proved how some people could hide everything so easily. It made me wonder if the others were hiding anything as well.

"If I were to disappear, you would be destroying two of Michaelangelo's core emotions. Sadness and Anger. That would make the situation even worse. Never fear turtles. Oh, and April..." Dark Mikey takes out the blade he used when he held Raph hostage. "I'll make your deaths quick and painless. I've enjoyed playing with you, but I doubt you could win a battle against me now. I'm getting so much stronger, and it feels wonderful. I'll always remember you as my favourite playthings. The thought of your blood on the ground makes me so excited!"

"I think I've let Donatello sit down and relax for a bit too long, eh? I mean since you obviously don't have a plan." Dark Mikey disappears, and before I know it, he's beside Donnie. "Donnie! Watch out!"

He barely avoids being stabbed in the shoulder as he dodges, a single cut appearing on his arm, blood trickling down. He runs towards us, hand placed on his upper arm, trying to stop the bleeding. "We thought of an idea. It may just-"

His whisper is cut off when Dark Mikey slams into Leo, knocking him onto the wall. His head bleeds as he crumples onto the ground, barely conscious and groaning. "Leo!" I run towards him, checking his pulse and trying to wake him up.

Raph growls and lunges for Dark Mikey. "I'm going to get you, you stupid Mikey look alike! No one knocks my brother unconscious and hurts him except for me!" He sais stab the air as Dark Mikey evades his attacks, grinning cockily.

"You were always my favourite, Raph. Lots and lots of open negativity in you. Never afraid to hide it. Sadly I already marked Donnie with a long number one, oops. Should have been a three for him. so I'll mark you with the next best thing, a number two. How's that?" Raph narrows his eyes. "Sorry, but I'll have to decline that offer."

Raph grabs Dark Mikey by the wrists, teeth clenched and struggling as Dark Mikey's hand threatens to bring the blade down. Between the two of them, Dark Mikey is definitely stronger. Raph gets pushed back as Dark Mikey easily forces him backwards, causing Raph's feet to drag against the floor as he tries not to fall. Because falling would mean immediate death.

Leo's breathing has steadied, and so has his pulse. He didn't go into shock, which was good. His eyes cracked open and I saw a tear sliding out. It obviously hurt when he was slammed into the wall. Physically and emotionally.

"Such a shame you chose not to accept my offer. No matter, in the end all of you will die, regardless of whether I play favourites." The blade moved, and Raph's arm shakes as he tries to stop it from reaching his face. Sweat pours down his head as the struggle continues. I need to help. But what if he attacks Leo again while I do that?

Dark Mikey cackles. "Be honoured. You'll be the first of everyone to die." I have no choice. I have to help. But as I scan the area, a question comes to mind. Where is Donnie?

The blade gets knocked out of Dark Mikey's hand and slides towards me, merely a few metres away. Donnie grins, crouching on the top of the wall of the maze. I have no idea what he did, but he just saved Raph. Dark Mikey snarls and kicks Raph in the shell, punches him and leaves him on the ground, unconscious. "I'll deal with you later, but now..."

I lunge for the blade, but just as I manage to grab it, so does he. His cold blue eyes meet mine, his skin cold to the touch, no warmth coming from it at all. "Silly April," he lifts the blade up, smirking, carrying me along with it. I don't have time to let go before I feel myself falling towards the ground, and I groan as I crash onto it face first. Pain jolts through my body, and I feel like screaming at the immense pain, but no sound comes out. Then I'm flying again, and land on my back this time. I feel the sound of something cracking, and nausea fills my body as red spots dance in front of my eyes.

He throws the blade and me, and I land on the wall, my hands let go of the blade and I fall. I can't even feel my legs and they collapse underneath me as I make contact with the ground. The pain is unbearable, yet I find myself unable to scream or cry. More spots dance in my field of vision.

It hurts as I breathe. It hurts to breathe. If I stop breathing, I'll die, but it hurts... Out of the corner of my eyes, I see Leo and Raph on other sides of the area, sprawled onto the ground. Just like me.