Donnie

Disclaimer: I do not own TMNT, but I do own the plot for this fanfiction :3

"Well that was anti-climatic," An emotion States from behind us. I glance behind to see all the emotions in a circle. So they tried to combine. Which brought on the burning question. Why did it fail? Everyone has the same puzzled expression on their faces, with the exception of Dark Mikey, who smirks. I'll never get used to that smirk on Mikey's face.

Dark Mikey snorts. "Did you really think trying to get back together would change anything? Fools. How stupid can all of you get? Even I'm surprised you haven't figured out how to stop me. Not that you would be able to accomplish it anyway," We all stand in our fighting stances against him. We can't let our guard down. If we did, he'd take the opportunity to attack and kill us all.

"We'll find a way and stop you! Just you wait!" An emotion yells behind us. I can't even tell who's who since all their voices are similar. But they're all Mikey so I guess it doesn't really matter. Dark Mikey shakes his head in mock disappointment.

"Sure you would, if you weren't pressed for time. I'm only growing stronger by the passing minute, and you're fading away. Slowly but surely. So I wouldn't be so calm and optimistic about this situation, Joy. What are you going to do to about this now?"

There's a moment of silence. He's right. He's stalling, and all we can do is buy time before he kills us. It's entirely up to the emotions to figure out a way to kill him before he gets us. We can only keep him entertained for some time before he gets bored and decides to do away with us all. Not to mention the fact that he's getting stronger. Even now, he's getting stronger. We have to act now. I have to think of something. This is what I'm best at isn't it? Thinking of plans. Think Donnie, think. Put your brain to good use. What could be causing this?

"Oh just shut up, won't you? I wouldn't advise you to underestimate us or Mikey. I mean, you know how unpredictable we are," Raph says.
"We do have a tendency to do the impossible," Leo adds.
"And we'll do all we can to stop you." April says. Dark Mikey rolls his eyes. "Ugh. You sicken me."
Then he shifts his attention to me.

"What's wrong Donatello, why aren't you saying anything?" He asks curiously. I glare at him. He is not helping my mental block at all. I make eye contact with Leo and he nods, understanding. "Well, that isn't polite, ignoring me like that," Dark Mikey comments, feigning hurt. We need to hurry up and fight him. Standing here idly won't help. So I Attack.

Dark Mikey easily avoids my bo staff, but barely misses the blade that emerges from the top as I press the switch to trigger it. Ha. Take that. Dark Mikey growls. "I forgot how annoying that thing was. No matter, all I need to do is break it." Then Raph jumps on top of his shell, and uses the handle of his Sai to hit Dark Mikey while I smack his shell, taking advantage of his distracted self.

Dark Mikey grabs Raph by the shell, and flings him onto Leo, who was about to attack, resulting in both of them crashing onto the ground, groaning. April throws her tessens, both scraping Dark Mikey's shell, and she catches them again. I sheathe the blade of my Bo staff and attempt to jab Dark Mikey, but it doesn't work.

Dark Mikey whips out his nunchucks, and swings them towards April. I leap in front of her to defend her, and the nunchucks fasten themselves around my bo staff, and I feel a yell escape my mouth as I'm thrown backwards, landing against the wall of the maze. My eyes water and black spots appear in front of my field of vision, my head spinning and a nauseating feeling festering. Gah, my head hurts. I can only hope I didn't get a concussion.

I can barely make out April being attacked by Dark Mikey, but being saved by Raph as he Attacks again, but by punching this time. Leo comes to my aid, helping me up and supporting me. "You were flung about halfway across the area. You okay?" I shake my head. His voice is slightly muffled and makes my head hurt even more. The wall I smashed into has cracks on it. "Give me... Some time," The world is spinning, and I'm afraid I'm going to collapse.

Leo brings me to the cage where the emotions are and lets me lie down. Thank goodness Raph and April are keeping Dark Mikey busy, or we would have been attacked before we got there. "Donnie, stay here and rest, and maybe try to come up with something with the emotions while you're here if you're well enough. I'm going to go help Raph and April." Leo runs off, leaving me with the emotions staring at me. The fading has really gotten worse. I'm worried.

"You okay, Donnie? That was quite a hit." Joy asks. My head is clearing slightly, and although still slightly light headed, I'm feeling much better than just now.
"I'm just surprised his skull didn't crack open or that he isn't bleeding away right now," Wisdom mutters. "Don't be so pessimistic, Wisdom," Joy scolds.

"So, now we have Wisdom and Donnie. C'mon, you're the geniuses, think of something to get us out of here and a way to defeat Dark Mikey!" Anger demands. I sit up, careful not to touch the bars of the cage. Determination is yelling words of encouragement to the rest as they fight, and Sadness is hugging his knees, Anger patting his head.

"Can we actually defeat Dark Mikey? I mean, he is a part of you. If he dies, would you did too? Maybe we can just find a way to lock him in this cage..." I mumble. Wisdom shakes his head. "As if he'd come in here if we asked nicely. And no, he's not a part of Mikey. Technically the only 'dark side' of Mikey are his negative emotions, Anger and Sadness. They're the strongest of all of us since they've been around the longest, and Dark Mikey is just a manifestation brought upon by something triggering Sadness and Anger to act stronger than usual, and all the negativity resulted in Dark Mikey."

"So... Dark Mikey is technically still Mikey, but only the dark side," I stated, trying to confirm the statement.
"Correct."
"So Mikey always had these dark thoughts of killing us? And a sadistic nature?"
"We blame Anger for that."
I shoot a glance at anger and he glares at me. "It's not like I can help it if I have these thoughts. I mean, I'm anger after all. And Dark Mikey's negativity is way more powerful than mine. Obviously his thoughts would be more sickening and disturbing than mine originally were,"

"How about the sadness part? I mean, he hasn't exactly shown signs of Sadness. It's mostly anger and being disturbing and annoying," This is so confusing. But I've read some of Mikey's comics which were more confusing, and he managed to understand them. So I guess I should be able to comprehend this to some extent. (A/N: I'm referring to DC. With all the parallel universes, speed force, Unexplained science concepts and all, I find it really hard to follow ._. I find all the flash storylines very very very confusing. But I still love it :3)

"That's because Dark Mikey chooses not to show it. It's like how you wouldn't show how you're head over heels in love with April in front of her because you don't want it to be exposed to the whole world. Not that everyone doesn't already know."
"Hey..." I scrowl. The emotions save Sadness snicker and wisdom continues.

"Anyway, it's selective, so my guess is that because he chooses not to expose his Sadness, sadness is what fuels Dark Mikey to do what he does. Along with Anger. Negative emotions can drive you to do crazy things,"
I let the information sink in. Okay. Slightly complicated, but okay.

"Okay. I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it'll work." I say. Everyone stares at me, curious. "Dark Mikey is just really strong Anger and Sadness, right? Well, we can use that against him. Dark Mikey would obviously want to become stronger right? He'd welcome the prospect of being more powerful with open arms."

"So what are you implying, Donnie?" Joy asks.

I grin. "We give him exactly what he wants."