Funny Story

MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER!

-

                "This one is my favorite," Harry said for the sixth time, pointing to a picture of himself on my computer that I took a few months ago. "I mean it this time. This one is my real favorite," he insisted on the photo of himself in our tunnel. That picture wasn't from our first time there, it was like our third.

"You're so conceited," I sigh, rolling my eyes. I continued clicking through the pictures on my laptop until I reached my favorite. It wasn't taken on my camera, but just a cheap disposable from the store. I had messed with it and screwed up the film to see what it would do. The end result was a color distorted sunset over the ocean. I took it sometime during the cruise. "This is my favorite. And see that smudge in the corner? That was your finger, you ass."

"How do you know it was my finger?" Harry asked.

"Because I remember it. I was just trying to take a nice picture to test some different effects, but you tried to put your hand in the picture," I answered. My eyes flared with the thought of that day and how serene the cruise was, even though I strongly detested the wedding.

"I knew you'd pick a picture with me in it," he joked. The joke got a smirk from me, but Harry began to heartily laugh at his own joke. His body trembled and his hand clutched his shaking stomach. He chuckled, "Sorry, I'm a little loopy today."

"You're always loopy," I mumbled, clicking on to the next picture.

Harry watched me go through pictures quietly until I reached a picture of Zayn laughing.

"Are you close with Zayn"? He asked.

"I don't know. I guess we are. My relationship with him is just like mine with you. Well, that's how I see it," I said in return. "Except I see you a lot more often than I see Zayn. We have more a phone call kind of friendship."

Harry joked, "So, you've kissed Zayn before, too?"

"Actually there is a really long story that you don't know about," I admitted sheepishly. "It's a pretty funny story. Not really at the time, but funny to look back on."

Harry's expression turned from confusion to blank. He seemed curious as to what happened, but also uninterested and bored. He widened his green eyes and nodded his head forward, signalling me to tell my "funny story". Sunlight struggled to rip through the gray clouds outside. Streaks of warm light slipped into the room for a moment, then disappeared once again, losing the fight to the crummy weather.

I turned to the window before starting. A couple of raindrops had landed on the glass. With a sigh I started, "Remember that one night Zayn had to pick up that package you had to give him, but you went out and left me at your place? Well, once he got there and we couldn't find it, things got a little carried away. Then you came home, and he left," I said, leaving out major details.

"You slept with Zayn?" He questioned, his eyes bulging out of his head.

"Yes..." I started, "But we both know it means nothing. We only like each other as friends and nothing more than that. Really, it was nothing, Harry. It meant nothing to either of us," I babbled nervously. I really didn't think it was a big deal, but now that I'm telling Harry, it is.

"Was it in my bed?"

"I know this sounds really bad, but I cleaned the sheets later that night because I slept in there. So it's not like you slept in those sheets when the bed was unclean," I replied.

"Just answer the question," he muttered, staring into his lap now. "Don't try to go around it again. I'm just curious and want to know what happened. Was it in my bed?"

"Yeah," I mumbled. "Are you mad?"

"No, I'm just a little grossed out to be honest," Harry said, looking up to me. "I understand that you and Zayn are just friends, and both of you are my mates. I'm not mad or gonna be mad at either of you. I just feel hurt, but I shouldn't. It's not like you're my girlfriend or anything. I don't really know how to explain how I feel."

"I had forgotten the whole situation, but now when I say it out loud, it sounds bad. Even though you aren't my boyfriend, I still feel bad about everything," I explained. My words weren't coming out the way I wanted them to. Lately I've been finding it hard to express my feelings to Harry. "Ugh, things never used to be this confusing when we didn't kiss."

"It doesn't have to be confusing. We can just act like friends if you want that, or we can act like, you know, a couple," he suggested shyly. "Whatever you wanna do. I'm fine with being just friends if you want to," he added quickly.

"See what I mean? We keep getting so nervous and are trying to please the other one. We never used to be like that. If we keep staying like this as friends things are never going to get better. We just need to get over the fact that we like each other a little more as friends."

"I think I know where you're going with this," Harry smirked. The light bulbs finally went off in our heads.

"I like you more than a friend, Harry," I admit.

"I like you more than a friend, Blake," he replied.

"Great, wanna go get some breakfast?" I ask, standing up from the floor. "I'm starving, and my mom makes some mean scrambled egg sandwiches. It's still early so the stove should still be hot and food would be out."

"That sounds perfect."

-

Okay so this is the only short chapter this story will have. I had major writers block and wrote the whole thing in twenty minutes. It's a filler chapter and didnt really need anything else in it. The dialogue sucks cause im half asleep.

I saw 1d last night in Hershey. I drove all the way there from New York and Im so tired. I hadnt updated and its been like a month and thats too long so heres a short filler chapter.

I like two parts of dialogue I wrote where I'm finally getting back into a groove i think. I want to write blake as being sassy again, and she is just losing her charm i feel like. so after this chapter after she manned up and admitted her feelings, shell be back to her funnier and sassier ways.

okay sorry im writing this, i dont like writing auother notes that much any more, but this was needed to explained. this arent even capitalised, im spelling words wrong, and this wasnt edited yet. so until next time with a MUCH better chapter.

lindsay