Wedding Bells

MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER!

-

        "Guess what," I huffed into the phone deeply, pacing back and forth through my room angrily. My footsteps were heavy and loud, just adding to my dramatic tone. The anger inside me was brewing inside me. I felt like a tea pot, about to blow all my steam out.

"Um, what?" Harry asked dumbly, having no idea what I was going through right now. He was on a complete different continent with not a care in the world, living a fabulous live.

"She's getting married!" I shouted into the phone. "My mother is getting married, and he didn't even ask for my approval! She is marrying this awful scumbag of a man and wants me to be the maid of honor," I rambled, throwing my hands in the air dramatically.

"Ooh, how dare she," Harry joked. If he were here, I would have smacked him across the back of his curly haired head for being sarcastic at a time like this. This is important and serious to me.

"This is serious," I hissed. "Oh, and listen to this; they want to get married on a cruise in the fucking winter. Who the hell does that?" I spat, my arms flinging into the air again.

"I think that sounds romantic, actually," he admitted. "Getting married on a cruise, ya know? That would be cool."

"Are you seriously taking their side?" I asked, stopping my feet instantly.

"No, I just think you are overreacting, that's all," he said.

"I am not overreacting!" I gasped. "Don't you understand? She is in love again and is over my dad. She is in love with this vile piece of man, Curly."

"Oh come on now, he can't be that bad. Was he that chap your mum was with at your brother's wedding?" Harry asked.

"Ugh, yes," I groaned, making a disgusted face.

"Well, Blake, I don't know what you want me to do about it. Do you want me to stop the wedding?" he laughed.

"No," I sighed, flopping down onto my bed. "I just want you here for moral support. So, Curly, I am formally asking if you would accompany me to attend the worst mistake of my mother's life."

"When are they getting married?" he questioned.

"I think my mom said the cruise starts March twenty first, then we come home a week later. I wasn't really paying attention to her because I was still fuming," I explain. "It goes to the Bahamas though."

"Boy you make a convincing offer, but I have to check my schedule," Harry replied with a chuckle.

"Oh shut up you ass, I know you don't have a schedule," I retort, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't see the gesture. I played with the fringe on the end of one of my throw blankets as I waited for his reply.

"Blake, yeah I do," he said seriously. "Don't you remember what my job is? I might have an interview that week, or something with the new album."

"Oh, yeah, I guess I forget," I answered sheepishly. "Please try to come, babe. I really want you there, and if you were a good friend you'd go. Please," I begged, exaggerating my words.

"Well if you really want me to come that bad then I guess I could fit you in," Harry teased. "When do you want me to come though? You sound like you are having a rough time now, so do you want me to fly out in a few days, or the day before the cruise?"

"God, you talk to slow," I mumble. "Thank you for offering to come early, but I'll be fine. I have a lot of wedding planning to do to keep my busy. Just come the day before the cruise. I'll ring you up when I have a free moment to give you more information, Curly."