The Package

MAKE SURE TO VOTE FOR THIS CHAPTER!

-

                Harry and I have two months to spend with each other until he goes on tour to North America. We've been inseparable ever since our reunion at his party. Today is February eighteenth, the day I get to meet Harry's mom, step-dad, and sister. Harry is in the driver's seat while I sit in the passenger side, staring out the window.

"Are we there yet?" I asked, turning my attention from the window, which was making me dizzy, to Harry. He had one hand on the wheel.

"For the sixth time, no," he groaned, rolling his eye at me. "We will be there soon enough, B."

"Attitude," I mumbled with a smirk, looking back out the window. The sky was gray like usual and the clouds looked like they were about to burst.

"Has Danny talked to you since December?" Harry asked, keeping his eyes on the road as we turned off the main highway.

"No, I saw him at your party with this girl though," I replied with a sigh. "I presume you've talked to him though. How's he doing?"

"Um, he's good. He's back with Serenity actually..." Harry said quickly. His free hand went up to his face and scratched his skin.

"Of course he is," I whispered. My heart ached at his words. I could feel a welling sensation behind my eyes. I can't cry. I won't cry.

"You don't need him, Blake. There will be other people for you, much better people," Harry reassured as he turned right again. A sign read 'Holmes Chapel: 10 Miles'.

"He was my type though. I like tattoos, light hair, light eyes, just all of him. It's not fair that I can't get a guy that looks like that but is a total sweetheart," I groaned, covering my face.

"You'll be fine, babe," Harry said, glancing at me. His face lit up with a smile.

"How's your dating life, bud? Yours is probably better than mine," I laughed. A raindrop fell onto the window and started sliding down. My finger pressed against the glass and traced the drop.

Harry didn't answer right away. I glanced over and saw his hands grip the steering wheel. "It's rough," he simply stated.

"We'll talk about it later tonight," I promised as we began getting closer to our destination.

Silence filled the car, but the quiet humming from the wind outside filled my ears. I don't like silence, I feel trapped and it just feels unnatural.

Holmes Chapel is quite different than New Jersey. We had driven on a one lane road for an hour with farms and fields of rolling hills surrounding us. The closer we got, the houses became more frequent.

Harry was spot on when he called this picturesque. The houses looked like little cottages and the town square had few shops. They had a beautiful church and a tiny library. My eyes were trying to soak everything in, but Harry was driving much faster now. We passed the only school in Holmes Chapel on our drive to his house.

An elderly couple walked down the sidewalk with their arms linked together. "This place is so cute," I thought aloud, my nose pressed against the window. Harry stayed silent as he started making a bunch of turns down tiny streets. All the houses looked alike and resembled cottages. It reminded me of a village.

"We're here," he announced, pulling into a driveway with a car already inside.

My lips turned up into a smile as we stepped out of the car. Harry grabbed his backpack and I slung my bag over my shoulder as we shuffled up the path. Without knocking, Harry grasped the handle and pushed the door open. A gust of warm air greeted us as we stepped inside. "Mum!" Harry called, peaking his head through doorways.