The Letter

Chapter Five

I opened the letter addressed to me and it said:

Dearest Ali,

I just got your letter about you coming back to Hogwarts. I am so excited to see you again after all these years. I still can't help to think it's my fault that you left in the first place. I'll see you in two weeks!

Love always,

Draco

P. S. I'll meet you at dinner, at our table.

After scanning through it I read it aloud to Ginny.

After reading it from her, Ginny grabbed the letter out of my hands to reread it herself. After she read it she seemed kind of shocked.

"What does he mean 'our table'?" she asked with the most worried look.

Did I seriously forget to mention that I was a Slytherin? I guess so because while i was thinking she just stared at me like I was going to say 'April Fools!' For a while I forgot she was there.

I gave a nervous chuckle, then I finally spoke. "Did I forget to tell you I was a Slytherin?"

"Yeah... You kinda left that detail out of EVERYTHING you've ever told me!" Ginny said clenching her teeth.

I thought for a while... What was the big deal? So I'm in Slytherin what's so bad about that?

Unfortunately Ginny was still staring at me so I had to answer.

"Mmmmm... I guess I left that out. But aside the point... I'm a Slytherin, Big. Whoop." I said jokingly, but Ginny didn't take it that way.

Thankfully Mrs. Weasley came in to Ginny's room to tell us to come down for supper.

Once we got down Ginny almost literally exploded.

"When was anyone going to tell me that Alice is a Slytherin?" Ginny questioned loudly.

Everyone looked at Ginny then switched their focus to me.

I had simply forgotten that no one except Harry and The Order knew I was Harry's sister until later in my first year except for The Order. Therefore.. Why would they know what house I was sorted into? Because, they weren't looking to see what house I was sorted into especially since they didn't know who I was.