The Power Of Three

"Why can't I find them? It's been years" there I go again thinking of my old family, my old home, my old life back when I was five things seemed a lot more simple but that, of course, was before I got my powers. My name's Caitlyn and I was taken from my brothers when I was five years old.

It happened two days and eighteen weeks after my fifth birthday, the day a demon almost killed my eldest brother. Luckily, in the fight he got knocked out and so I was able to make him think that the incident that happened was just a day dream; however, I knew better to think that, that the fact when he tried to come in my room to see if I wanted to hang out with him & our other three brothers the demon I was fighting threw an energy ball at him. I orbed my brother away just in time, and then the demon threw another energy ball at me. Anger coursed through me because of the demon bringing my family into the fight & that's what made it the last thing that demon ever did.

Now here I am, in the darkness of my room, listening to my MP3 player "Die whitelighter" I looked up, my eyes startled in time to see a darklighter shoot an arrow at me. I winced as I felt the arrow come in contact with my skin & it hit me, but not before I called for the crossbow with my powers & shot him with his own arrow. Demons are always trying to kill me & in all my nine years of being a witch this is far from the first darklighter that hit me with their arrow. I yanked his arrow out of me, my blood dripping from it. Breathing heavily, I threw the crossbow down and sat on the bed. I glanced down, seeing the bloodstain on my side. Biting my lip, I listened to the steady throbbing of my heart as I watched the smoke rise up from where the darklighter had combusted. "Prue" I yelled, hoping my whitelighter would hear me. She instantly orbed into my bedroom, and laid her hands on my wound, affectively healing me. I smiled gratefully, glancing up at her, seeing the concern in her eyes. "Caitlyn, that's the ten time this month I had to heal you. Why're demons catching you off guard" I swallowed guiltily, ducking my head "I don't know. I guess I just wasn't paying attention... I was thinking about some friends that I haven't seen in years" I told her. "Caitlyn" Prue's voice was soft as she bent down to my level "if you haven't seen them for years & you're letting your guard down because of it go see them. Demons take advantage of that & you know it" I jerked away from her, moving to the far end of my bed "No! I can't... it's too much of a risk. They could die Prue" I was lying through my teeth, but how do I tell the woman who's sisters watched over me from the time I was a young girl I don't know WHO they are? I shook the thought away from my mind, who knows maybe one day soon I will find them. It's only been what? Nine years? I'm suuuuuuuuure it won't be much longer now.

After a while I looked up & saw one of my two my best friends - Keira Shadowhorn. Keira had long dark purple-black hair & brown eyes she's the type of girl I'm glad I'm on their good side & we both think that we're outcast, maybe that's why we get along together so well, "Hey Keira when'd you get here" I asked her thankful that Prue orbed out. She flipped her hair behind her back then stared behind me. " Don't know, I just came." She said. "So what do you want to do" I asked her, but then I sensed someone coming, someone evil "um actually Keira you think you can go down stairs for a sec I'll be right down just gotta get a few things" I asked her hoping she wouldn't pick up on my nervousness. She looked at me once then said, " Sure, if you need me then call me." She patted my shoulder then went downstairs. But not without giving me a look before she went down. When Keira left I shut the door behind her "Damn demons" I said to myself & as if on cue a shape-shifter simmered in he hit me & I fell to the ground then when I got up he looked gone, but I noticed a book on my bed that wasn't there a second ago 'Shape-shifter no baka' I mumbled "book" & orbed the book out the window. Just then I heard a knock on my bedroom door 'Just in time' I thought & went to open my door to see Keira with a worried look on her face that she was trying to hide "Ready" I asked her. She looked around then stared at me. " What just happened" She asked, but before I could reply, she put her hand near my face. "Never mind, forget it" She said. Then she grabbed my wrist & we started down the stairs "Ok ready for the mall" I asked "Pandora's coming with us" I told Keira. Pandora Holmes is one of our good friends, me & her have known each other forever & shared all our secrets, even the witch secret, we've also vanquished demons together a few times. Pandora has dark black curly hair, slightly plump, midnight blue eyes, she's shy & rarely speaks;yet, she is full of knowledge when it comes to things herbal, she isn't comfortable talking to people and tends to be in the background, she's stubborn, & can hold a grudge and when she's angry, she becomes cold and unreachable, she's quite tough and will go to the end of the earth for her friends yet she is a gentle person at heart. "At least I hope she can come she said she might have a family emergency again, but if she doesn't then she's cool she said to meet up at her place so let's go" I told Keira, trying to keep the conversation going & she wouldn't ask about what happened again.

As we approached Pandora's house we heard a bang inside 'Uh oh' I thought hoping Keira didn't see the worried look on my face 'demon' I looked at Keira & she was in deep thought like she was remembering something in one of the Wicca books she bought, luckily she's not a witch or she could make some of those spells work by rewriting them in the correct order so as far as Pandora & I were concerned she was just into the supernatural which is why we have to be extra careful for Keira not to see us use our powers & by that I mean in front of her I can't heal or orb openly & Pandora can't blow things up & also has to try to keep peoples emotion to her self, considering she's an empath, & that's hard work around a mortal. "Keira you stay here I'll be right back" I stated to her before running into Pandora's house.

Right when I entered the house I looked around for any demons & Pandora. I looked everywhere before finally going in to the kitchen & saw she was just making a potion "Pandora please tell me a demon didn't attack & that's just your potion" I asked while walking over to her & when I got to her I put my hand on her shoulder. "Pandora tell me that potion is ready cause we're going to need that if we want to save Keira" I told her just then I heard Pandora's front door open "Keira get out of here" I said while running to her & the moment I got out to Pandora's living room I saw a demon throw a fireball at Keira, but before I could do anything or yell for Pandora to get in here Keira waved her hand & the demon went flying into the wall & just as the demon hit Pandora was by my side with the potion in her hand. "telekinesis" I mumbled looking at Keira in shock. While I stared at Keira Pandora vanquished the demon. "Uh yeah, about that..Hey how did you know the name?" She asked looking past me. "Well I, we" I said shifting to Pandora "We're both witches too"... "Keira why didn't you tell us you were a witch too" She shifted her weight and glanced at us both nervously. " I, uh, I don't know." She said while looking down at her feet. "Hey we all watch Charmed & we each have the same powers as them we're practically our own power of three" I exclaimed happy that we can all vanquish demons together & not lie with saying it's a family emergency. She looked up at me and smiled. " I guess so!" She exclaimed. "What other powers do you have Keira" Pandora & I asked her simultaneously eager to find out I guess a little to eager because we didn't even notice a darklighter, shape-shifter, & a chameleon come into the room. Her eyes widened and she pointed behind us.

" Um guys, THERE ARE DEMONS BEHIND YOU!" She exclaimed.I spun around ready to fight when the darklight summoned his crossbow, I orbed behind him orbed his crossbow to me & shot him. Keira lifted her hand and pushed the shape-shifter back. It got up and charged her. we all called for our whiterlighters "Prue" each of us yelled then instantly looking at the other two when Prue orbed in.