Chapter 16

Getting Back At Romeo

Chapter 16

What to wear? What to wear? I was standing in my closet looking for the perfect outfit to wear on mine and Austin’s date tonight. I pulled out a black strapless dress and laid it on my bed. Then I saw a read halter in the back of my closet that I had forgotten about. I pulled it out and tried it on. I looked like a bombshell. This dress was perfect for tonight.

“Wow, you look amazing.” Leah exclaimed as she walked into our room.

“I know it’s perfect for tonight. Austin wont be able to take his eyes off me.” I smiled wickedly.

“Why won’t you just admit that you like him?” Leah sighed.

“Because I don’t like him, my body does.” I huffed.

“Right, so you’ve said so many times.” Leah continued.

“Look, are we going to go throught this whole ‘Sky what you’re doing is wrong’ Thing tonight, because if so then you might as well save your breath.” I snapped.

“You’ve become such a b!tch here lately! Get over yourself. Yeah you were fat once, and people made fun of you including Austin. You were hurt I understand that, but he’s trying to make up for it, but you’re just playing him. I don’t even know who you are anymore. You can forgive Andy just like that for raping you, but Austin gets played because he humiliated you. That’s just wrong. And to be honest I don’t think I want to be your friend if you’re going to be like this.” My jaw dropped in shock at Leah’s outburst.

“Whatever Leah, you don’t know how I feel, and Andy’s name should have never been brought up. I never said I forgave him. Plus, Austin deserves everything I’m doing to him.” I crossed my arms.

“I said it once and I’ll say it again. It’s not him who’s going to end up with a broken heart. It will be you, and you can add friendless to that list too because I’m done trying to stop you from making this mistake, and I’m done trying to be a good friend.” Leah walked out of our dorm room slamming the door so hard the walls shook.

It should have bothered me. I should have been running down the hall after my best friend- well ex best friend now- begging her to come back and that I was sorry. But I wasn’t sorry, it was as if I had built up a wall around my heart blocking everyone out.

“Wow you look so beautiful.” Austin greeted me after I opened the door for him.

“Thank you, I knew you would like it.” I purred.

“You ready to go?” Austin asked taking me by the hand.

“Yeah let me just grab my clutch.” I told him.

“Where’s Leah?” Austin looked around the room.

“Oh, she left. We kind of had a fight.” I frowned.

“I’m sorry.” Austin apologized.

“Don’t worry. It wasn’t your fault.” Actually it was now that I think about it. Everything was his fault.

“Ok let’s go! I hope you like Italiano.” Austin said with an accent.

“I love Italian.” I smiled. I really do love Italian partly because I have Italian in me.

Austin took me to this place called Carraba’s. The food was so delicious. I ordered the Mezzaluna, and Austin had the Lasagne.

“That looks really good.” Austin pointed his fork at my plate.

“I tastes really good too. I held my fork up for him to take a bite.

“Wow, that tastes amazing.” Austin smiled.

“Too bad you got the Lasagne.” I smirked.

“I know.” Austin looked so sad.

“Here, I can share.” I held my fork out again.

“You know I really like you Juliet.” Austin smiled as he took my hand.

“I think I’m starting to like you too.” This should have been a sweet moment, but what I had just said was a lie. For some reason I couldn’t feel anything. Once I closed my heart off I went numb.

The rest of the night flew by. I was actually having fun with Austin. We were slowly walking back up to my dorm room holding hands. Once we got to my door Austin leaned in and kissed me. This is where I messed up. I had let my guard down because I was so close to my room. I felt the kiss, and I wanted more.

It was then I decided to only halfway to guard my heart. Why can’t I get pleasure from this. He get’s to feel why can’t I? I opened the door and pulled him in. Leah was still gone so I didn’t have to worry about dealing with her.

“Juliet, I kind of wanted to take things slow. Don’t get me wrong. I want you right now, but I want you to know I’m for real about us.” Austin pulled away.

“Ok.” Was all I said. With one last kiss on the cheek he left.