Chapter 15

Getting Back At Romeo

Chapter 15

Sky’s POV

I hate Monday’s. Don’t ask me why because I think everyone will give you the same answers. It’s the end of the weekend or you have to go back to school/work. I was feeling extra grumpy this morning after my argument with Leah. I just don’t understand why she is taking Romeo’s side on this.

I went to the gym and worked out most of my frustration, but not all of it. Hopefully I could avoid Romeo today. I doubt I would be able to keep my temper under control.

I walked back to my room in desperate need of a shower. I walked over to my desk to put my phone down and noticed a vase of pink tiger lilies. They were beautiful. I picked up the card that was stuck in the vase between the gorgeous flowers and read it.

Juliet,

I hope this past weekend was just as amazing for you as it was for me. I hope you like this type of flower. I chose the tiger lily because it reminds me so much of you. You’re as fierce as a tiger, but as soft and beautiful as a lily. I can’t stop thinking about you. Would you do me the honor of accompanying me to dinner on Wednesday? I’ll be looking forward to your call

Romeo

I couldn’t believe how sweet the note was, and tiger lilies were my favorite flower especially pink. I decided to take a shower before calling Romeo back. He could wait just a little bit longer.

“Wow these are gorgeous.” Leah doted on my flowers. I had just gotten out of the shower.

“I know. They’re from Austin.” I told her still drying my hair off.

“Oooohhh. There’s a card. Can I read it.” Leah begged her eyes filled with excitement.

“I don’t care.” I shrugged.

“Awe, how sweet. I wish a guy would do this for me. So, are you going to call him back?” Leah asked bouncing on my bed.

“Well duh. This is a perfect opportunity to put plan ‘Getting Back At Romeo’ into action.” I used the finger quotes.

“Sky.” Leah sighed and shook her head.

Once I was dressed I called Romeo back and agreed to dinner. I could tell he was excited by the tone of his voice. I smiled to myself. This was going to be too easy. I’d have him falling for me in less than a month.

The rest of Monday went by without a hitch, and much to my pleasure I didn’t see Romeo at all. On Tuesday Andy showed back up to school.

“You’re dead.” He mouthed to me as he walked by glaring at me.

“You want to say that out loud?” I stopped dead in my tracks and turned to look at him.

“I said you’re dead.” Andy spoke the words this time.

“Really? Andy come on. When are you going to quit harassing me. You got what you wanted from me a long time ago.” I asked.

“Because I still want you.” Andy came closer.

“Well acting the way you are now is not going to win me over. I’m pretty sure there is some girl out there who has it in her heart to love you, but I’m not her.” I said more calmly than I thought I would.

“Maybe you’re right. I don’t think you’re worth all this trouble. Thanks Sky you finally brought me back to my senses.” Andy smiled then walked off.

“Awkward.” I said to my self.

“You’re telling me. I was hoping I didn’t have to beat his ass again for touching you.” I jumped at the sound of Austin’s voice.

“Hey you.” I turned on my charm after recovering from the slight shock he gave me and leaned in to kiss him.

“This si different.” Austin smiled as he pulled out of the kiss.

“How so?” I asked.

“I kind of liked it when you fought back, it turned me on, but this is nice too. I think I like this cooperative side of you even more.” Austin chuckled.

“The feisty side of me is still there. I’m just saving it for the bedroom.” I whispered seductively in his ear before running off to class.

Austin’s POV

I scanned the area looking for Juliet. I know she is playing me, but everything I do or say from now on is coming from my heart. According to Leah, Juliet thinks she is going to make me fall in love with her then break my heart, but what Juliet doesn’t know is that I’m already in love with her. I’ve just got to get her to fall for me. Everything is so complicated right now.

“You want to say that out loud?” I Heard Juliet and turned to walk in the direction of her voice.

“I said you’re dead.” I heard Andy sayI saw red once I was close enough. She was talking to Andy

“Really? Andy come on. When are you going to quit harassing me. You got what you wanted from me a long time ago.” She asked Andy.

“Because I still want you.” Andy walked closer to her, and I knew Juliet was going to lose it any moment now.

“Well acting the way you are now is not going to win me over. I’m pretty sure there is some girl out there who has it in her heart to love you, but I’m not her.” Juliet‘s voice was actually pretty calm..

“Maybe you’re right. I don’t think you’re worth all this trouble. Thanks Sky you finally brought me back to my senses.” I saw Andy smile then walk off.

“Awkward.” Juliet said to herself out loud..

“You’re telling me. I was hoping I didn’t have to beat his ass again for touching you.” Juliet jumped at the sound of my voice

“Hey you.” I could tell she was acting by the way her behavior changed when she saw it was me.

“This is different.” I smiled. I loved the fact that she wasn’t fighting me anymore, but I hated that I knew the reason why.

“How so?” She asked

“I kind of liked it when you fought back, it turned me on, but this is nice too. I think I like this cooperative side of you even more.” I admitted chuckling.

“The feisty side of me is still there. I’m just saving it for the bedroom.” Juliet whispered seductively in my ear before rushing off to class leaving me in a little predicament.

I have to give her a hand for that little stunt. It’s going to suck majorly having to keep my emotions in tact and not letting her get to me, but I know I can do this. I want her to love me, and deep down inside I have a feeling she already does. Juliet just doesn’t know that she loves me yet, but I will make her see. She will be mine.

 A/N: Hey guys just wanted to say thank you all for the support you have given me with this story. In just over 2 weeks GBR has gotten over 2 thousand reads, fifty votes, and thirty comments. I really do appreciate all of you who have read, votted, and commented. I hate asking for favors, but I would love it even more if you silent readers would vote and comment more. I love hearing what you all think of GBR and the feedback encourages me to write more and improve my writing. BTW do any of you read these author's notes PUt *'s around your comments if you do!!!

Love you guys!

<3 Shelby