Chalice of Ice-Harry Potter fanfic

Hey, witches, wizards, muggles and creeps!

I do not own Hogwarts and its students and staff, the ministry of magic, Diagon alley, or anything included in the Harry Potter series. These rightfully belong to J.K. Rowling. I only own the dragon breeds, Zasilia academy and its students and staff. Also included is the extra things they learn (wanless magic, mortal combat, and singing). Thank you.

Chapter one: the announcement.

We went over the routine once more before the lead singer was chosen. Fire and ice from my friend's hands collided with a sizzle and she got her hair wet. "Mm. That's refreshing." Willa Thomson mused happily. I laughed and let the wind forming in my hands create a tornado. I kissed it and blew the wind in a circle, drying off the rest of the girls instantly. They shot fire out of their hands, creating an archway, and I ran through, the wind blowing gently on my face. The other ladies came through and formed a wind archway, then an ice, and a water. All of the archways side by side, the rest of the girls skipped through the appropriate archway, and left a space open for the future lead singer. We clapped and sat on the front lawn of a castle. The Zasilia Academy was truly gorgeous, and was an estimated two times larger than Hogwarts. Our headmistress, Miss Melanie, sat in front of us, smiling. With all of our dashing good looks, you would think we would be Veelas. "Girls, you have done a terrific job." Melanie mused, looking at the rainbows where the archways used to be. "Now, your professors and I have come to the conclusion that the lead singer gets most of the attention. I hope you ladies are okay with that?"

We nodded in response and she continued.

"We've already chosen the lead singer, which will remain secret, except for her. Now, if you will all head inside, your hot cocoa is ready."

We stood and pranced off, chattering loudly about who should get the part. "You should get the part, Charlotte." Willa pointed out. "You're in Pegasun, after all." she pointed at the badge of a winged horse on my silky gown.

"No, Willa." I said. "You're In Phoenoxia. All good enchanters went there."

"Yeah, but Lady Fiona was in Pegasun. She's the greatest singer in the world!"

I nodded in agreement. "What do you think, Daphne?" I asked my other friend. "Merkinus is full of good enchantresses. Think you got the guts?"

Daphne laughed. "I'm no Pegasun, Char. I agree with Willa."

I hummed a small tune and my fourth friend from Yetici's eyes drooped. "You ARE really good," she shook off her tiredness. "The element of wind always is."

"But ice has a nice twang to it." I objected, glancing at her badge bearing a woman in a snow gown. "Stupid muggles think that a Yeti's an ape." I complained in wonder. "They're really stunning."

"I agree." The girl from Yetici, Emily spoke.

"Miss Campbell." Melanie stopped us from walking. "You have a lot of explaining to do."

I turned and frowned at my friends. "Bye," I said before following Melanie out of the dining hall. We went up five flights of stairs before we reached her office. "Butternut squash." She said before walking through the opening portrait of Lady Fiona, who smiled warmly at me. "You wait and see, Miss." she said. I walked through the doorway reluctantly and sat in a chair made of ice. "Miss Melanie?" I asked.I

"Yes?" she sat.

"Why am I here exactly?"

"Yes, yes. Alright. I am going to need you to put this on." she picked up a dress that was encrusted with jewels. I picked it up and saw how exactly it lay out. Around the chest, was red, gold, and orange fabric in the form of a flame. It continued but came down in a 'V' shape as it hit the waist. Below, was a chaotic mix of ice, wind and water in a blur of blues and whites. I gasped. It was beautiful. "But Miss," I said. "Why would you want me in this? I thought I was in trouble."

"Ah, but you aren't. Try it on!"

I snapped my fingers and the dress was on me.

"Good, good!" she smiled. "Now, sing. Sing anything."

I oohed a tune and she grew tired. "Perfect!" Melanie yelled, making me stop.

"Miss, why is it you brought me up?" I asked.

"Oh, isn't it obvious?" she frowned.

"Nope."

"You, Charlotte Campbell, are the lead!"

My eyes widened. "Me?" I put a hand on my chest, feeling heat from the dress.

"Of course!" Melanie brought out a bowl of chocolates. "You're beautiful, talented, and a fantastic sorceress. Here, eat." she prodded the bowl forward, her eyes twinkling. "When you eat it, it'll make your voice make wizards not tired, but fall in love with you. As for witches, they'll think you're the prettiest thing in the world, and want to be around you."

I cocked my head sideways. "Is this true?"

"Yes. Now eat up."

I took a chocolate and chewed on it. It tasted like an explosion of berries and sugar and chocolates... I sighed. "Yum..." I said, reaching for another. I hesitated. "Can I?"

"Go ahead. You have to eat them all, anyway."

I ate the rest within a few minutes, and smiled. "Should I sing?" I asked Melanie.

"Yup!"

I thought for a minute, but decided to just let the sound and words flow out. I had never done this, but when I did, Melanie gasped. "What?" I asked.

"Do you realize how you sounded?"

"No."

She went wide-eyed. "God-like." she mused before sending me out.