The Beta's Mate Ch.12

I opened the front door to the house and blew my bangs out of my face in exasperation, what a crazy day. All in one day I’d almost gotten hit by my mates careless driving. I had to pull my protective future alpha off my careless mate, I apologized to my mate for something I don’t think I was really at fault for, I almost cause a fight between my pack’s future alpha and beta and the Red river’s future alpha and beta before being talked to and made fun off by the present alphas, I played soccer with the future alphas and beta (one of my first friendly encounters with all of them together), then Mark my future alpha asked me out! I mean what was with that? He obviously knew about Caleb, what was he thinking?

                I walk into the kitchen to find a snack and noticed the plate of brownies on the counter I smile in satisfaction. That was until I noticed the note beside it.

I promised Mrs. Foster a plate of brownies.

If you could take these over when you

get home from school.

Love you, Mom

I inwardly groaned not today, not now! There was no arguing though, if mum came home and these brownies where still on the counter I’d be booted to kingdom come. I was going to be late for driving practice and the race was just over a week away! Carl and Stan were not going to be happy with me. I was cringing as I dialled Stan’s number.

“Hello,” He greeted answering after the first ring.

“Please don’t hate me, but my mom is making my bring brownies over to Caleb’s house and I’m going to be late, but I promise I’ll make it up Friday!” I rambled off before he could get anything else out.

“Lana?” He questioned.

“Yes.”

“You’re not coming tonight? Your race is just over a week away.” He said telling me something I already knew, “Yeah...she said she’s going to be late.” He shouted to someone on his end before coming back to me, “Carl said that’s okay as long as you make up for it on Friday.”

“I will I promise and tell him, thank you, a million times over. And thank you.” I thanked again and again.

“You said Caleb’s? How are things between you two?” He asked sounding genuinely curious. Of course I’ve talked to him and Carl about Caleb and I. They were angry at first and said I deserved better anyways but they’ve noticed I didn’t like making a big deal of it.

“We’re okay I guess. He almost hit me with his car today-”

“He should take some lessons from you.”He joked not at all concerned with my safety. “Well you couldn’t have been hurt because you’re calling me and still going to see him.” He was reading my mind but he was right.

“Yeah, I should get going though I’ll see you in a little bit.” After saying our goodbyes and hanging up I grab the brownies and grudgingly went back to the car so I could bring them to the Fosters.

It was weird going onto the Red River pack territory, I mean most of both the packs we intermingled but only the wolves of older families or higher ranking lived separate pack territory. Although these boundaries were only guarded when problems arise between Holloway and Red River because of the truce, wolves of the other pack still had to be cautious. I wasn’t a mile into Red territory before I was told pulled over by one of the guards. He had been in wolf form running alongside the car but he came out of the forest in shorts and in human form. He had short blonde hair and stubble to match, he had square shoulders and muscles that ran all through his body. “What are you doing on Red River territory?” He demanded as I stepped out of the car to meet him.