The Beta's Mate Ch.33

"You have to promise not to tell anyone though." I make him promise then add, "They would never let me go."

"And maybe for a good reason, Maiken pack isn't a bunch of pups. They take training a lot more seriously, wolves get promoted for knocking their training opponent out. Deaths during training aren't rare and not completely discouraged." Keane explains with a worried expression.

"I'll just find another way to contribute to the pack, I don't have to be a warrior. You seem to know a lot about Maiken pack," I comment.

He's shaking his head at my response when I look up at him, "Caroline and I have spent some time with them on our travels, they don't work like that. In Maiken everyone is a warrior." He assures me, making my stomach twist, what if he was right? I wasn't warrior material.

"Lana!" I heard my name being called, I looked away from Keane to see Caleb approaching. I take one last look at Keane reminding him of my request that he doesn't tell anyone my plans before standing up to meet Caleb. "Hey, what are you two talking about?" Caleb asks as I reach him, his arm is out reaching for my hip to pull me to him so he can kiss my temple.

I smile before pulling away and looking up at his face, he is giving Keane a neutral but calculating look, probably trying to figure out if he was a threat to our new developing relationship but not wanting to threaten the delicate relationship we had by questioning my friendships with other males. "We were just discussing a music assignment. We pretty much have to make a cover of a song. The only problem is he won't tell me what song we're doing."

"How are you two going to practice if he doesn't tell you what song you two are doing?" Caleb inquired as puzzled as I was.

"I know right. Anyways you came looking for me?"

"Yeah I figured we could walk to class together, because couples do that together right?" He questions uncertain. I can't help the small laugh escaping my lip, wasn't he the one who'd been with a ton of girls, I was going on my short lasting relationship with Mark. It wasn't bad by all means, it just meant Caleb had a lot more experience.

"You tell me, did you walk all your girlfriends to class?" I ask innocently then squeak as he pulls us to an abrupt stop.

"Please don't ever use that against me. I admit to my mistakes and I apologize from the deepest parts of my soul, just help me make my mistakes better." He requests.

I smile softly and gently cup his stubble covered cheek, "I didn't mean it in a manner to use against you. You seriously have a shit ton more experience than I do in this. But I promise to try my best not to use it against you. Unless you really really piss me off, then anything is fair game." I tease but his smile is tight, I shake my head at his touchiness on the subject but let it drop. This wasn't the place for this conversation in case it went downhill. "We'll talk about it later, but we have to get going or we'll be late for class." I inform him pulling him along with me.

"Will you come over for a game night with my family Friday?" I ask Caleb in the middle of biology, "Jenna can come too!"

"I'll have to talk to Jon to make sure I don't have any Beta duties but I'm sure it should work." He agreed, "Do you want me to bring anything?"

"MMM, your mother's cheese cake, it's my favourite!" I tell him excitedly.

"The chocolate one?"