Chapter 21

Gosh, I have an update schedule but I never stick to it. I'm supposed to update every four days but it has been like, over a week. Sometimes I hate how lazy I am. Gosh, I'm so sorry xD

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~Ash's POV~

My eyes widened as I blankly stared in front of me. I didn't bother to hug her back, I couldn't move.

"Y-you're not...?"

She buried her face into my shirt. "No... I-I'm not over him..."

Why, Serena... why? I thought she was done with him, yet here she was telling me she wasn't. By that, does she mean she still had feelings for him, after all that had happened between them? It hurts just thinking about her liking him again.

I looked to the side. "Does that mean..."

She looked up at me. "I don't know what I'm feeling, Ash. Maybe I do, I think I still-"

"Yo!" I knock was heard on the door. "Are you coming down for dinner or what?" The voice belonged to Gary.

I walked away from where I was standing and opened the door. "Uh, y-yeah. Just give us a few more minutes."

He nodded. "Alright." He caught a glimpse of Serena behind me and lowered the tone of his voice. "So, how is she doing?"

"I don't want to talk about it." I slowly closed the door. "See you in a few."

I turned back to face Serena, who has just stopped crying. Usually, I loved being with her. But now, I felt like leaving, and being alone. I didn't want to be here anymore.

Just recently, I was beginning to think she liked me back. But now I knew the truth. The girl I have always liked didn't like me back.

I shook my head and got back to what was in front of me. Serena had gotten quiet, she just had her head down as she sat on the bed. Just looking at the expression on her face saddens me, I hated it.

I sighed. As much as I wanted to go, I just couldn't leave her like this. "Do you really feel like that towards him?" I asked as I sat beside her.

She shrugged. "I think I do..."

I could feel myself getting upset. I didn't understand why she still liked him. "So what are you going to do?"

"I don't know... It's just that I've been missing him recently."

I felt angry and sad. Why Calem? Why did it have to be him? Why doesn't she see that he had done so much awful things to her, and that it wouldn't be right to still love him? I didn't know what exactly she was feeling right now, but there had to be a reason for all this.

"Well, maybe you should think this through. I myself, don't see Calem as a great guy. But whatever you want to do, go ahead."

I wanted to tell her it was all wrong. Calem would only make things worse for her. All the things he had done... Why doesn't she realize what she was doing?

I was going to try to make her feel better, I really was. But I didn't want to anymore, I just couldn't.

"Anyways," I said, having enough of all this Calem talk. "Everyone's waiting for us. Are you coming to dinner, or?"