Chapter 4

~Ash's POV~

"And...go!"

I stood there, not knowing where to go. May and Drew went after Clemont and Iris, while Paul and Dawn chased them from behind. Gary and Misty started making their way towards us.

"Oh crap!" I began running away from them. I struggled to keep my pace, since it was hard to run in water.

Serena looked behind her and saw Misty reaching her hand out, getting ready to steal the ribbon tied around her head.

"Ash! Hurry up!" She tightened her grip on my hair.

"I-I'm trying!" I panted.

"Full speed ahead!" Gary exclaimed as he caught up to us.

Misty tried to grab the ribbon, but Serena moved her head away just in time. That was when Serena reached for one of Misty's ribbons. She attempted to pull it off, but lost grip.

"You can never take my ribbons!" Misty said.

"Just watch, I will!" She replied.

Just as Gary was about to tackle me from behind, Paul suddenly came out of nowhere. Dawn stole away one of Misty's ribbons, leaving them with two left.

"W-what?!" Misty exclaimed in shock.

Dawn smirked as she spun the ribbon around her finger. "Ha! Got one of em!"

"Erg, we're going to get you guys back!" Misty pointed her finger at them. "Go Gary! Chase after them!"

Paul began running away, after hearing what Misty said. Gary obeyed and left us for Paul and Dawn. "You're going down, periwinkle!" He shouted.

I sighed of relief. I honestly felt Gary was actually going to steal one of our ribbons. He may be stupid, but he was competitive.

"I think we should go after Clemont and Iris." I said as I examined the two. They seemed to be doing nothing, Clemont was just running aimlessly trying to avoid everyone.

"You sure? I feel Iris can be a tough one to steal ribbons from." Serena responded.

"But Clemont can't run. It doesn't take him too long to lose all his energy. I think that makes things a lot easier."

She nodded. "Okay! Let's do it!"

"Let's take them out at one try! Once we get close enough, take all the ribbons!"

I ran off towards Iris and Clemont. Iris was the first to notice us after them. She pounded on his head. "Clemont, Ash and Serena are coming! Hurry up!"

"Oh no!" Clemont gulped. "This is not gonna be good!"

"Pick up the pace! They are catching up!"

Clemont began to slow down. "I-I'm trying!" He panted as he spoke. "T-this is as fast I can go!"

"Ugh! We aren't getting anywere at this rate!"

As Iris was yelling at Clemont, she didn't realize that we were already right behind them. Serena swiped away the ribbon tied around Iris' head.

She turned around as she felt her head, to see if the ribbon was actually gone. And it was.

"No! Serena you give that back!" She cried.

She gave Iris and innocent smile. "Sorry, but I can't do that!"

Clemont has now stopped running, too tired to move any further. Iris shook his head. "Clemont! Get it together! We are going to lose! Hurry up and move!"