{edited} Chapter Thirteen || The Wolf ||

{First published November 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

|| The Wolf ||

}Avery{

"Don't be afraid. He won't hurt you."

Cameron's quite words has me laughing once more. Still on my knees in the dirt.

Me afraid. Yeah that's highly unlikely. I haven't felt  real fear since that fateful day that changed my life forever. And I'm glad of it. Emotions can cripple a person. Twist them into something ugly.

"She's not afraid." Aden states.

My laugh is over as quick as a snap of fingers. My cold eyes lock onto Aden as my doll like smile covers my face.

Smart boy. I never did like him.

"What do you mean she's not afraid. She's something." Cameron screeches with his hands on his slim waist.

I slowly stand up never breaking eye contact from Aden.

A blanket of protection covers me as I feel the wolf's emotions heighten. Anger slips through weaving into the blanket.

All four, Well five if you count the wolf, look me over in a new light.

"She doesn't feel anything." Aden states in a snide tone.

"What?" Cameron's mouth is gaping open like a fish.

"I thought she was a dud. A weird dud." Nick says in confusion.

"No. She's an Empath."

"But I thought you said she has no emotions?" Kayden snaps out, fists clenching.

The wolf moves up to stand beside me , I shoot him an ugly look then turn back to Aden as we wade our silent battle.

"I knew she felt blank, but I thought she just has a strong will to block people out. I mean some of the other duds were like that." Cameron says astonished.

This isn't good. Obviously Aden knows something the others don't. All his stares and puzzled looks make sense now. He was putting the pieces together one by one  and the wolf just helped him finish it.

"Have you figured out the puzzle?" My voice comes out sing song like with a rasp.

The guys flinch and look at me.

My head cocks as a sneer slowly forms from my lips.

Fools.

"Have you?" I whisper.

Not taking his eyes of me, Aden speaks out to the others, "She acts just like Anna did."

"Whattt?" Cameron whines at the same time Kayden snarls, "No."

Cameron reaches out to me as a wave of despair touches me briefly as anger covers it up with the wolf letting out a growl, stopping Cameron and making Aden snarl at the wolf.

"Go away." I snap at the wolf as his emotions start to feel like mine. I don't like it nor do I want any part of it.

A hint of sadness brushes across me as the wolf slinks back to the tree line and sits down.

"She should be scared right now. Look at her. Nothing?" Aden snarls looking to me and the wolf.

"That power we all felt when she first came here, isn't because of her strength in blocking or her pure blood line, it's so much more than that." Nick says, looking at me closely.

"No it is. She isn't just blocking others out but herself too. She's Anna all over again." Aden voice becomes soft at the end.

He loves this Anna person.

"So you know what's wrong with me." I state idly.

They four of them share a common look. Fear.

Well. Isn't that just wonderful.

Thanks for reading.
Show your love :)
vote
comment
share
follow me
Thanks so much :)
xoxo Ash