{Edited} Chapter Eight || Not your Father ||

{First published November 2015}
{Edited 6-15-2016}

Dedicated to Xapri714
For your love of this story and your voted and comments
Thank you. :)

|| Not your Father ||

}Avery{

My throat. Ugh. I go to reach up to my neck with my hand. It's so dry my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. My arms won't move and I'm weak as a babe. My eyes won't open either. They feel heavy and weighed down.

What the hell happened?

The last thing I remember is the black thick ribbons. They where calling to me. The pain. The pleasure.

Did I die?

No. That can't be right. I can still feel things. Well physically things anyways.

The feather soft bed. The smooth silk sheets. The sun's warm rays on the side of my face. The hunger pains in my stomach. My sore body and bone dry throat.

Voices.

I concentrate on the muffled voices. Wanting to turn my head towards the noise but can't.

Like a volume button, the voices turn up.

"She should of woke up right? I mean if he did it right and nothing went wrong. It's been three days." It's Cameron. He sounds nervous and scared.

"I don't know Cam. Quite asking me." Aden snaps out.

Three days. I've been out for three days. What the hell. And why are those two in here. Where's Jeff? Or Shelly?

I ignore them and put my mind on moving my fingers. It's slow going. But eventually I get a couple to move. I work on them. Back and fourth. Wiggling them, soon I can move both of my hands, but my arms are made of stone. They seem like they don't want to move at all.

That little bit wore me out. Making my body want to sleep. I've slept enough.

I start moving my eyes behind my eye lids. Side to side. Up and down. It causes them to water. I keep it up and get a small slit to open.

Seeing the color of cream, I believe it might be the blanket covering me.

I take in a breath and jerk my eyeballs upward, causing my lids to go with them and a blinding light to shine in my eyes. I blink and blink till I make out my surroundings.

I'm in an unfamiliar room. White walls. A single dresser and a chair are the only items in the room. Except for Aden who is leaning up against the door and Cameron who is pacing at the end of the big bed I'm in.

He's like a rainbow of colors. Grey's, blues, greens, pinks, purples. So many colors I have no meaning for.

I stare. And stare. Wanting him to feel my eyes on him. I want to know what happened and need a drink.

I can't swallow.

He whips around. All the colors leaving him. An excited anxious smile on his face.

He moves toward the right side of the bed. My eyes following him. My head moving a little. Progress.

"Get Kayden." Cameron gasps.

"Avery." His head tilts to the side. "How are you?"

Stupid question. Stupid boy. Why Kayden? I don't want him here with his annoying tingles.