XXII.

"Can I come to your game tonight?" Samantha asks as soon as I walk in from practice. "Of course babe, do you want outfield or baseline?" "Outfield's fine" "But baseline's better" "You just want to watch me" "Maybe but can you blame me?" I hug her and quickly kiss her. "No I'm fucking fabulous" "So fucking fabulous" his hands hold my hips and I smirk kissing his nose and walking away. "So baseline?!" he yells after me. "Ya whatever's good!"

"Good luck I love you" "Thanks I love you too" We hug and kiss goodbye before he walks into the lockerroom and I find my seat. "So are you actually going to get married or just be engaged for the rest of your lives" Grace asks from through the phone. She called and I still had an hour till the game so why not sit and chat. "Yes we are I just don't know when..." "Girl you two need to get it together you should atleast have an idea by now" "We do!! It's going to be at the Trop in the winter because we don't have time during the season" "Ok so you have an idea but more? Is this going to get put off till 2020?" "Probably" I laugh and mess with the ring on my finger. "We haven't even talked about it yet I think he just wanted to claim me for good" "You should bring it up and see what he says" "I don't know he's probably going to make us wait till after I'm done in college anyways"

•Kevin POV•
"I don't know he's probably going to make us wait till after I'm done in college anyways" I hear Sam say to whoever she's on the phone with. "Wait for what?" I can't help but ask as I suprise her from behind. "I gotta go I'll talk to you soon bye!!" She hangs up and tosses her phone in her purse before looking up at me. "Nothing I was just talking to Grace" "But you seemed a little sad. What are you waiting till after college for?" "Can we talk about it later? Please?" "I guess but right after the game no ifs ands or buts promise?" I stick out my pinky which she uses to promise me and I take a seat beside her. Normally the stands would be filled and I wouldn't be able to sit up here but it's a Monday night game and there is probably only 100 people here. "Are you ok? If you want to go home Buster's wife can drive you she's taking Lee home anywa-" "I'm fine babe don't worry about me just go kick some Dodger ass" She kisses my smiling lips before I stand up to go play. "Meet in the lockerroom after?" "Ya same place" I quickly kiss her again before jogging back to the dugout to warm up.

-After the Game-
•Sam POV•
"Good job!!" I run up to Kevin embracing him in a hug. "Thank you baby" He picks me up a little giving me a kiss as I giggle in his arms. "Can we get food before we leave?" "Ya what do you want? I think the home plate concessions are still open" "That's fine I just need food" I say and he sets me down taking my hand and we start the walk to concessions. A few fans stop us on the way but I don't care. It's fun seeing how many people love him and its only been a few months. "Sorry I didn't know how to say no" he apologizes. "I don't mind. Next time just don't let those old ladies grab your butt like that" I laugh at the last lady who grabbed his butt as she walked away. "Don't worry babe they got nothing you" his hand trails down which I pull away and put his arm back around my waist.

"So can we talk about earlier?" He asks as we sit in bed watching a rerun of the game. "Tomorrow?" "No babe you promised tonight" "But...it's after midnight might as well wait!" "Nope now talk to me" he turns off the tv and sits up against the headboard with his arm out for me. I accept it, moving over into his side and tangling my legs in his. "What's wrong? You're never this cuddly" he chuckles and kisses my forhead causing me to smile through my thoughts.

"I talked to Grace today" "Oh that's good! How is she?" "Good...but she had a good point today" "And what was that babe?" I twist the ring on my finger before quickly saying "Are we ever gonna get married?". "Of course honey I thought you would want to wait till after college though" Yep I called it. "But did you ever ask?" his silence tells me he's regretting what he assumed. "Babe its fine I just, Grace had a point. We wait till after college it'll be 2019 then you're going to have games and we're going to have to move back before stating to plan and now it's 2020 and we still aren't married yet" his face shows thought and his body tenses underneath me. "When do you want to get married?" he asks quietly. "I don't know but not in 5 years" "How about this winter?" "Like, in 3 weeks?" "Ya" "Babe I don't have a dress you don't have a tux we don't have any guests or bridesmaids or groomsmen-" "Sam you can show up in leggings and my hoodie and I'd be happy marrying you. We can get it done" "So we are getting married in 3 weeks?" "We are getting married in 3 weeks." We both smile big before he hugs me tight to his chest. "I love you so much baby I'm sorry I didn't get your opinion" "I love you too it's ok."