Chapter 9

"You want me to go where? Are you insane Nanami?" She shook her head. Her shikagami Mamoru sat on her shoulder and snickered at me. Nanami was going to a god meeting and wanted me to go with her and Mizuki. She wasn't allowing Tomoe to go.

"Please Mina! You may find out something about your sister!" I shook my head.

"You know that a lot of gods are racist and you still want me to go? The most hated demon kind there is? You do realize that my kind is the reason that werewolves are around." She nodded.

"But you are my best friend! I need your support during this!" I sighed as she started using puppy dog eyes on me. She beats Tomoe in the long run.

"Fine. Though I won't stay all week probably." She smiled and nodded.

"Good! Do you want to ride on a plane with me or are you going with Mizuki?" I blushed and glared at her.

"Neither. I will fly by myself on my cloud. It's much faster and also I need to plant those plants before I go or else they'll die." She nodded.

"We leave tomorrow morning!" I sighed and nodded. What did I get myself into?

- next day -

I landed at the airport as I watched Nanami's plane fly in. I had flown behind it, out of sight from anything that could possibly see me, the whole time. It had been a very boring and loud trip but I had never gone and my pride wouldn't let me ask Mizuki. I was already embarrassed by them seeing me like that at the festival last week.

"Mina!" I turned and smiled at the girl as she ran up to me.

"Come on and let's find that temple shall we?" She nodded as we looked at a map. Mizuki came up behind us and told us it was on an island and that he would fly us there.

While flying there, Nanami fell off and I went after her. We both ended up blacking out and when we did, we were being stared at by a bunch of gods.

"Is that the human god? She brought a wolf demon with her! How disgraceful!" I rolled my eyes as one asked her what she could do.

"Well I can use white talisman and make barriers with Mamoru. Also Mina can let me use her powers sometimes." Thats true. When she was little she had somehow shot wind at a bully and pushed him against the wall. It was really funny.

"Show me then. Show me you can use that wolf's magic." I growled and bared my fangs and claws at him. It was the war god and a major asshole.

Nanami nodded and looked at me. "Think of the feelings and thoughts you had the previous times you've done it Nanami. I don't exactly know how you did it. It may have to do with the fact that I've been your personal familiar for twelve years now." She nodded and closed her eyes. Yeah I'm a personal familiar. Unlike Shrine familiars, I can still kicks a god's butt and I can't get in trouble if it's for protecting my mistress. The only person I can't hurt is Nanami, who I am bound to.

A big gust blew around her and hit the god, making his eyes widen in surprise as many gods gasped. I smirked and hugged Nanami. "You did it!"

She smiled and nodded as the war god flew away furiously after telling us not to go to the meeting. I groaned as they all left. "Can you catch up to them Mina on your cloud?" I shrugged at her.

"I don't know. Probably not now but I could certainly keep up pace with one in a race. Hop on." She nodded and jumped onto my cloud as we flew to the assembly.

- time skip -

We had finally found the meeting hall after a butterfly showed us the way. Most of them seemed surprised that we showed up but Nanami didn't falter or anything the whole time, even when the War god yelled at us for coming.

I growled at him. "Yeah dude. How about you shut your ass up? Unlike shrine familiars, I can still beat you up without being held back by any divine contract." He didn't seemed to like being talked back to and TRIED to intimidate me. I just yawned and sat behind Nanami's seat that was already arranged, closing my eyes and leaning on the wall.

"Nanami-chan! Mina-chan!" I opened my eyes to see Mizuki hugging Nanami with Mamoru on his shoulder.

"Hey Mizuki. How'd you get in?" He smiled and hugged me, making a light blush appear on my cheeks.

"I came in with Otohiko-sama! Oh I was so worried when you two fell off! Are you ok?!" I pushed him off and rolled my eyes.

"We're fine. Us falling off was because of that was where Nanami had to arrive at apparently. I just tagged along on the trip." Tomoe and Mizuki didn't know of me being Nanami's personal familiar. It was going to stay that way for a while too.

He nodded and sat beside me. Nanami was talking to one of the girl gods and I smiled. At least she may have one friend here. The doors at the end of the hall opened and I cursed under my breath. Of all the Gods, HE had to be the host didn't he?

Ookuninushi walked out and smiled at Nanami and started walking to her. I yelped and turned into a wolf before hiding behind Nanami's leg. Mizuki looked at me questionably and I just shook my head.

"Miss Nanami. I'm so glad that you made it!" I shivered, he's so... Sparkly it's scary. I swear, he's so shiny that it shouldn't be healthy, even for a god.

"Who are you and why does Mina seem so scared of you?" Damn it, he's seen me! Run he's seen me! The shiny god has seen me!

I let out a bark of surprise as he hit my head with his lucky hammer. I turned back to normal and he smiled at me. "Oh! I didn't know that you were here Miss Mina! Did you come for the offer?" I shook my head.

"I'm with Nanami Lord Ookuninushi. I am not here to become your familiar." I then looked to Nanami.

"Tell you later Nanami." I then disappeared from everyone's but Nanami's and Mizuki's sight so that way I wouldn't be annoyed by the annoying shiny god.

- end of chapter -

Foxflare: Sorry I didn't update on schedule but I had the chapter ready I just forgot to post it! Foxy fox flare! See you foxes later!