Chapter 7

- Mina's pov -

The four of us went back to the shrine and the whole time Mizuki and I were annoying Tomoe. He was already pretty mad about the fact that Mizuki had become Nanami's familiar. We were just making it worse by rubbing it in.

Nanami sighed as Tomoe shot another fireball at us. "Can you guys please stop?" We all stopped and nodded.

"Sorry Nanami. It's just so much fun to tease Tomoe though." She rolled her eyes at me as we finished going up the steps.

We all ended up separating once getting to the shrine. I went to mine and Nanami's room to look up some stuff. Something had me thinking. I had remembered the dream that I had when I was at Mizuki's shrine. It was the first time I've ever had a dream like that. Was it... A message? Maybe that last part was a hint on where they were. Where the crows fly? Does it mean crow demons or just regular crows?

I sighed and fell back into my mattress. This is so frustrating! I feel as if I'm so close to finding Yuki, only to be stuck. It's been so long since I've last seen her, over 100 years, and then she got kidnapped. I want to find her before my birthday but that's looking very unlikely right now. That would give me two months and I was barely anywhere. I couldn't go back to my village, having failed of finding my sister. My parents would be devastated.

Mizuki knocked and opened the door, seemingly worried. "Mina-chan? Are you ok?" I nodded as he came in and sat next to me.

"Yes. No. I don't know." He tilted his head curiously as I just laid there, looking at the ceiling.

"What's the matter Mina-chan?" I looked over at him.

"My sister. I miss her so much. My coming to age ceremony is in two months and I want to bring my sister back by then. Though, I just recently got an hint and I can't figure it out!" He frowned and scooted closer to me. I eye'd him suspiciously, yeah, I still don't trust fully after that almost rape incident.

"What is it? I'm really good at riddles." I shrugged.

"It was 'where the crows fly' I don't know if it's regular crows, demon crows, or both. That's my major problem. I got it through a dream where a demon took her away when I had finally found her." He seemed to think for a minute.

"Most likely Kurama Mountain then. It's a place where a bunch of Tengu demons live and the children generally will ride of crows when they're too young to fly." My eyes widen. Kurama mountain? That means... Kurama must be from there! Oh, I'm so going after him to find out about that at school tomorrow.

"Well, I probably won't be able to get in without a Tengu demon leading me. I have to ask Kurama about that. Thanks for your help Mizuki." He smiled at me.

"Your welcome Mina-chan!" I stood and stretched a little.

"Say Mizuki... Want to go shopping with me? I am going to go get some fruit trees and stuff for the shrine." He nodded and stood up as well.

"Ok!" We left the room and passed by Nanami.

"Hey Nanami. Mizuki and I are going shopping. We'll try to be back before dinner." She nodded.

"Ok I'll call you if something happens." I nodded and waved goodbye as I grabbed my wallet and we headed out.

- to town! -

Once we arrived into town the two of us headed towards the gardening store. Inside was full of different plants and seeds. I sniffed the air and pointed to one side of the store.

"The fruit trees are this way Mizuki. Let's go see what they have." He nodded and followed me as I led the way to the tree saplings.

Saplings, saplings as far as a human's eye could see. Of so many different kinds of trees too. Birch, oak, pecan, pineapple, you name it.

I turned to Mizuki who was looking at them all in wonder. "Which ones should we get? I was thinking of getting an apple and two cherry trees. What do you think?" He looked at them all before finding a small plum tree. I smiled slightly at him. He really does miss his old mistress huh?

"This one is nice Mina-chan. How about it?" I nodded and grabbed the other three.

"Sure. Now let's go find the herbs and stuff. I wanna get some for teas and stuff. We could also get some strawberries hopefully. Maybe even a green house or something so we can grow a bunch of vegetables all year around." He nodded and grinned at him.

"That's a good idea Mina-chan!" I grinned back.

"Thanks. My mother was the town's herbalist so I learned a couple of things from her. Like how to sniff out bad plants and how to make some herbal medicine. It has helped me out in some really tough situations." Mizuki nodded, listening intently to every word.

"That's nice of her to teach you then huh?" I nodded as we reached the herbs department. I sniffed out some of the better herbs before putting them in the cart I had gotten. We then headed into the fruit and vegetable department where I did the same thing. I picked out a potted strawberry plant and a couple of different vegetable seeds.

I looked at our haul and grinned. "Well, I guess we should check out the green houses to see what they have." Mizuki nodded as we did.

- time skip -

We finally found a greenhouse that could house plants all year round and was big enough to suit my taste. I put it at the bottom of the cart before we went to check out. The lady there seemed shocked that we were buying so much but quickly hid it.

"That will be ¥39059.28 yen miss ($321 US dollars)." I nodded and pulled out my card. She quickly scanned it before giving it and my receipt back. We left the store and started to decide on how to carry it all home.

"I could just use my clouds." Mizuki shook his head.

"No way Mina-chan! I will use my snake to carry everything and us to the shrine. Hop on." He had made his water snake appear and had the stuff on the back of it, sunken in so they didn't fall off.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Fine, since you give me no choice." I started to climb on behind him but he stopped me.

"Ride in front of me Mina-chan!" I nodded and got on in front of him. We lifted into the air and I winced slightly. I remember that the last time I got on this thing that I had been kidnapped.

Mizuki wrapped his arms around my waist and smiled at me when I looked back at him. "I don't want you to fall off Mina-chan~." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever Mizuki. That's just an excuse to wrap your arms around me. Let's just go back already." He nodded and steered the snake towards the shrine. He never did let go of my waist.

- end of chapter -

Foxflare: Sorry it took so long for me to write this! I got really busy! Though now I have a schedule for updates! It's on my other account's bio Pika_Girl556 . So go check it out for book updates! Also, I'm going to be going through and editing small parts of this. It will mostly be me adding a few lines or fixes words and grammar and stuff like that so I'll do an edit thing at the top of all the previous chapters to tell you guys what I did. Foxy fox flare! See you guys later!