Chapter 5

- Mina's pov -

"And I missed it!" Nanami nodded solemnly and I pouted. Tomoe had been a little kid and I missed it cause I was looking for Yuki all last week and the week before! Apparently, Nanami confessed her love for him yesterday too and he rejected her. That filthily Bastard fox! I should skin him alive! We had just finished lunch and we decided with our human friends, Ami and Kei, to go to the beach. I love going to the beach. Maybe we should see if Mizuki wants to come along. I haven't seen him in a while. It would be nice to see him again. Though it's not like I have a crush on him or anything!

"Cheer up Nanami. He doesn't deserve it for you to be sad over him. A trip to the beach really is what you need." She nodded and smiled slightly at me. Progress!

"Thanks Mina." I nodded as the bell rang and I turned back into my seat.

- time skip -

"Come on Nanami! If I have to wear a swimsuit, so do you! We need to get you over him." I pushed her into a empty changing room before going into the one beside her. I changed into a purple two piece with lighter purple ruffles at the top and bottom and a dark purple bow in the middle. I also put on a light purple sun hat with a really dark purple bow on it. (look at the girl's in the photo! I suck at describing clothes!) Nanami was waiting in her swimsuit, already looking happier then she has all week.

"Come on Nanami. Lets go meet up with everyone." She nodded and smiled at me as we went over to Ami, Kei, Mizuki who also came, and Tomoe, who wasn't even going to swim and was just there to watch Nanami. I leaned over to Kei.

"Bastard alert. I repeat, Bastard alert." She laughed while Tomoe glared at me. Whoops, he heard me, oh well, hehe. I just smiled at him before going to the water.

"Come on you guys! The water's awesome!" They nodded and everyone but Tomoe got in. I ended up using my wind to go surfing and seriously splash some people, the hat and water covering my ears and tail. It feels so nice out here. It's like I have no troubles, no demons trying to kill me, no worries, it's like I'm free. All to soon, we got out for a break and I hid away my tail and ears again. At lunch we ate hot dogs before I went searching for seashells further along the beach while waiting for my food to set. Mizuki ended up following me.

"Here's one Mina-chan!" I smiled at the small blue shell. It was plain but really pretty.

"It's really pretty Mizuki! I also found this one." It was a purple and white shell that swirled towards the middle and poked out. I was going to bring this one home and tie it to a string.

"Let's go back to the others. We could use these to make a sand castle or something." He nodded and I picked up the small pail we used to carry shells in. We walked side by side to each other the whole way back, not even knowing we were holding hands until Nanami said so.

"Aww! You two look so cute together! Kei! Ami! They're holding hands!" We looked at each other before at our joined hands and blushing. We let go and showed everyone the shells. Then we ended up playing ball in the water, Ami the furthest out with her float and me close by laying on my surfboard. This is when everything goes wrong. Ami suddenly falls out of her float and into the water.

"Ami!" I dive into the water and see her trying to swim up. I try swimming towards her but she keeps sinking. Damn it! If I go down any further I could make some fish folk very angry. They're fine if I'm at the surface but if I get too close to the bottom, things could go bad, it could also go bad for Tomoe if the Sea King comes himself. I use my wind to get a burst of speed as I grab her hand and start pulling her up. Ami has passed out by now and I can't stay under here for much longer. I incased us in an air bubble and we floated to the surface. I took a deep breath of air as we surfaced and I pulled Ami to the shore. Tomoe took her out of my arms and laid her down under the umbrella. He started pushing slightly on her to cage and she coughed up water before opening her eyes, making us all breath in relief. That's when stuff started to happen. The water turned green as a man with blue skin came out of the water. Time was frozen around us, only Nanami and us demons could move. My eyes widen when I realized I just practically set Tomoe up.

"Thank you Wolf. For going deep into the ocean, you've led me right to Tomoe." I clenched my fist around the shell. Tomoe looked at me before at the king of dragons.

"Eh, so what are you going to do with me?" The king smirked and snapped his fingers. I grabbed Nanami and pulled her further away from the beach. Giant anemone appeared out of the water and grabbed Tomoe with their tentacles. Nanami and I gasped. The king started naming off everything Tomoe has done to him and my eyes widen. Damn Tomoe! You were seriously busy! I didn't even know you did half this stuff! I mean, it's common knowledge that he stole the eye sure but killed all of those?! The king then stuffed Tomoe into a shell and I let Nanami go. She started bantering the King to let Tomoe go. I was really shocked when she dived in after them.

"Nanami!" I went to the edge and looked, they were gone. I slammed my fist into the water before writing something in the sand. 'King of the dragons, so help me if that girl dies, you won't just be missing your other eye. I promise you that. She is very VERY important to us. You have been warned.' I frowned slightly when the message disappeared but I knew he got it. Lets just hope he believes my promise.

- end of chapter -

Flarefox: Next chapter is when Nanami goes back in time! Mina is going to be doing something else though what? Foxy fox flare! See you guys next time!