Chapter 1

- Mina's pov -

- one day ago -

Dear Nanami,
Hey! How are you? Is your dad still a deadbeat bastard? Anyways, I'm sending you this with one of my messenger winds to tell you I'm coming to visit! It's been what? Four years since I left? I'll see you when I get there tomorrow! See ya!
From your friend,
Mina Minusti, wolf demon

- now -

I blew a small cloud out.

"Lead me to Nanami please." It started moving and I followed closely behind on my white cloud. Like Tengu Demons, Wolf demons deal with wind magic, we can make clouds and wind at our will and depending on our powerful we are, make them do just about anything. Stopping at a small deadbeat shrine, The cloud disappears and I blink in surprise. There is no way my childhood best friend Nanami, lives here. Was my cloud confused by something? Oh well, might as well see. I hopped off at the gate and looked around. Nothing out of the ordinary, just a regular old shrine. My light purple wolf ears twitched in annoyance as I sighed. My ears and tail match my hair, which was a light purple, lavender, color and reach down to my butt. My eyes are a shiny silver color. I flipped in the air as smoke surrounded me as I transformed into a small purple wolf pup. I actually look more like a dog pup that was dyed by my owners than an actual wolf pup. Running into the shrine, I looked around. Hearing yelling from the side of the shrine, I ran over to see Nanami and some white haired fox demon arguing. Do I even want to know? No I don't, I barked at them and ran to Nanami. She looked at my small form and smiled.

"Mina! You came!" I hopped into her arms and cuddled close to her chest. She's the only human that knows I'm a wolf demon. We've known each other since she was a little kid, only five years old.

"Hiya Nanami! It's so good to see you!" I flipped into the air and turned back into my humanoid form and hugged her, while glaring at the fox.

"Nanami. Who is she?" I glared harder at the fox as Nanami let go and turned to him while pointing at me.

"Tomoe, this is Mina. I've been friends with her since we were little. Mina, this is Tomoe, my familiar." I blinked in surprise and looked at Nanami. I noticed the God seal on her forehead.

"What the hell? When did you turn into a god Nanami?" She then told me the tail of how her dad left her, she got evicted, met the old God and saved him from a dog. She told me how he kissed her forehead, giving her the seal, and the temple, of how she met Tomoe and her visit to the demon world. She also told me how she made him her familiar, all of this happened yesterday too.

"And that's bring us to now." I nodded and turned to the fox, Tomoe.

"So, she forced you to be a familiar again? Poor little fox, being bound to a human." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"It's also my job to remove pest. Shall I do need to do so to you?" He made a ball of fire appear and I surrounded my hands with air.

"You can try but like you can succeed." Nanami got between us.

"You two don't start! Mina, come in and let's talk! I haven't seen you in four years now and I wanna hear what's happen to you!" I nodded and let the wind disperse from my hands. Following her, I saw two small creatures with mask, they must be the shrine spirits.

"Lady Nanami? Who is this?" Nanami smiled at them.

"This is my friend Mina. Mina, these are the shrine spirits Onikiri and Kotetsu." I knelt down to them and smiled.

"Hiya!" They seemed glad at my friendliness.

"Hello Mina-sama! It's nice that Nanami-sama invited you to our lovely shrine!" I nodded and followed Nanami into another room. We sat down in front of a table as she turns on the tv to some kind of pop star that recently been getting popular.

"So, tell me what's been going on with you Mina?" I smiled and sat closer next to her. Her nature was so funny for a human, most were generally cruel and reject anything they don't deem normal but not Nanami. She didn't care I was different than her. I wish she was a demon, she could stay around forever then.

"Well, as you knew I went to look for my younger sister again. I was attacked by two other gods. I instantly ruled out those areas, they sensed my as soon as I went into their area. Another god tried to get me to be his familiar but I left before he could give the kiss, creepy fire god. There was a couple of demon lords that tried to get me to join them but I refused and made quick work of them. Pretty much the usual." She nodded. She knew I was looking for my little sister. She disappeared five years ago, another demon kidnapped her, wanting her power. I went after him but couldn't defeat him, I had been too weak. If I had been stronger, I would have been able to save her. Nanami frowned and hugged me.

"You'll find her Mina. Don't worry. I know! Why don't you stay here for a while until you find another lead? It would be great to have a friend around again!" I smiled at pointed to the door.

"You think foxy in there will like me living here?" She just grinned.

"Tomoe can deal with it. You can sleep in my room with me! Will you stay?" I nodded and the door slid opened to show an angry Tomoe.

"Absolutely not! We don't need this mutt here!" I stood and glared at him.

"What did you call me fleabag?!" I hated being called a mutt beyond all else.

"Why you-?!" Nanami cut him off and glared at him.

"Sit Tomoe!" He sat down like a loyal puppy and I laughed. (anyone get the reference?)

"I don't care what you say! This is my shrine and I say she can live here! Come on Mina, I'll show you our room." I smirked at Tomoe and followed behind Nanami. This is the beginning of my new life. I wonder what awaits, knowing Nanami though it'll be an adventure.

- end of chapter -

That's it for the first chapter! I hope you guys like it! Don't forget to vote and comment! Foxy fox flare! See you guys next time!