Chapter 8

- Mina's pov -

Nanami was gone. She's gone. Disappeared.

We had arrived back from shopping only to find Tomoe fighting a giant demon and Nanami no where to be seen. Apparently mikagi, the guy who made Nanami a god, had locked this dude up. Nanami had released him on accident and freaked out before quitting and leaving.

"Mizuki! Help Tomoe fend off the demon while I go and find her!" He nodded and went off to go fight the demon spider while I concentrated for a minute. I can always easily find Nanami. My wolf has memorized her spirit and can track her in times of need.

Finding her at the park, I rushed there on a cloud to see her sitting on a bench, in a yellow kimono, crying. I landed softly and walked up to her. She looked at me.

"You can't take me back Mina so don't try." I shook my head at her and sat next to her.

"I won't try if you tell me this. Why'd you run?" She had tears in her eyes.

"I'm not cut out for this god stuff. I always mess up and get kidnapped all the time. I even let out that huge demon and couldn't even defeat it! I know I'm just running away from my problems but I guess I'm just really tired of being a screw up." I sighed. She really did mess up a lot of the time didn't she.

I smiled at her and patted her back. "Remember when we were kids? When you couldn't do the monkey bars no matter what? You would keep trying and trying every time at recess. No matter how many time you fell or got hurt, you would keep trying. The teachers would ban you because you got hurt almost everyday but you would still keep trying behind their backs. But you know what? You finally did it. You finally did the monkey bars without falling off and you had no help doing so. You wanna know why?" She chuckled.

"Let me guess, because you secretly helped me with your wind?" I frowned at her and flicked her forehead.

"No idiot. I just said I didn't help you. It was because you kept trying, no matter what people said. You can do awesome things and you've done so much already as a God. So what you mess up? No one is perfect, not even the gods. I assure you on that, a bunch of them are racist against wolf demons. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. You have a big heart Nanami and can accomplish anything you set your mind to. You could even beat that spider demon if you tried. That shrine is your home now is it not? Don't let that spider take it from you. Fight for it Nanami. Your my best friend Nanami and I consider you a sister. I will always be here for you no matter what. You can always count on me to come to your rescue and to support your decisions, even if I don't like them all the time." She smiled and nodded, wiping away her tears.

"Thanks Mina. Now, let's go beat that spider!" I smiled and nodded back. What would I do without this girl in my life?

- time skip -

I watched with a smile on my face as Nanami danced on the stage. She was doing it perfectly.

I was wearing a blue kimono with clouds scattered around it, looking like the sky almost. On either side of me was Mizuki and Tomoe, both also smiling at the human Kami. "She's doing great, isn't she?" They both nodded.

Behind us was the dragon lord, his wife, Kurama, that he/she god person, and himemiko, as they had all come to see her dance also. I was so proud of Nanami, I knew she could do it.

- time skip again -

I sat in a tree, watching the festival as it continued to go on. It probably would continue to go on for a while longer too. My tail waved lazily behind me as I watched the lights of the lanterns move back and forth.

"Sis!" My ears perked up as I heard Yuki's voice. Snapping my head in the direction of it, I saw my little sister. My eyes widen.

"Yuki!" I rushed towards her as a black miasma appeared around her, stopping me. I covered my face as a harsh wind tried to blow me back. There was a laugh.

"Like I would let you take her back so easily! Oh no dearie. Your precious Yuki shall stay in my possession a bit longer. Though, don't worry, I've been taking care of her." I glared at the cloud of miasma.

"You bastard!" The voice laughed again.

"I see that it is true about wolves having a temper. I guess I should tell you why I came. You should hurry to save your precious sister. I know you've figured out that I have her at Kurama mountain. I will give you until... Let's see, your birthday is in two months correct? I will give you until then to retrieve her. I have her where the crows never go so that should give you a pretty good hint." I growled as I tried to slash away the miasma with my wind, nothing. I could feel Nanami, Tomoe, and Mizuki coming up behind me.

"Big sister!" I growled even louder at the miasma and continued to slash at it.

"Yuki! I'm coming don't worry!" The voice only laughed. Is that all it could do?

"You better hurry Mina! She can't wait forever! Chow!" The miasma started to disappear as I shot out a large blade of wind. Once the miasma cleared, Yuki was gone.

I fell to the ground and slammed my fist into it, growling. "That damn bastard!" Nanami and Mizuki rushed to my sides worried, even Tomoe looked concerned.

"Mina! Are you ok?!" I nodded as tears streamed from my eyes.

"I have to hurry up and find my sister. That voice... That voice said I have until my 250th birthday to find her. If I can't, she's gone for good." I curled up into a ball as I cried. My sister was literally my ball of light. Whenever we were small, she would always be there for me. While we were 50 years apart, we got along perfectly. I couldn't stand the thought of losing the kid.

"Come on Mina-chan. Let's get you back to the shrine. You need to rest." Mizuki picked me up in his arms and I let him as he carried me all the way back to the shrine.

- end of chapter -

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Poor Mina! I feel so bad! Anyways. I realize that I did 13 episodes in 8 chapters, lol. Well I did skip the first three, did two episodes in one chapter twice so it's kinda understandable. Yuki is on Kurama mountain where the crows don't go. What does that mean? I'll let you decide! Foxy fox flare! See you foxes later!