Chapter 4

- Mina's pov -

"I'm so tempted to blow every single girl in this classroom to bits right now." Usually they were quiet when Kurama was gone, like today, but since Tomoe is here, they're not. Right now they are swarming him. Can't he keep his fans down? I can keep the guys off me so why can't he at least get his fans to quiet some. Nanami laughed as we watched three girls go up to Tomoe and ask him who they were. He's probably memorized everyone's name for Nanami. I bursted out laughing when he let slip that she was his master, making Nanami flip and pulling him out of the classroom. That was priceless! The girls went up to me.

"What are you to Tomoe-kun Mina-San?" Crud! We didn't think of anything to say if anyone asked us that!

"Um, Tomoe and I are cousins on his Mother's side." They nodded and I rushed out to follow Nanami and Tomoe. They were near the girls' bathroom for some unknown reason.

"Thanks you two, now Tomoe and I are cousins because I had nothing else to say. Really thanks." I glared at them both as they chuckled at me.

"Come on. Let's go back to class. That girl from before gave me the class handbook." I nodded and followed behind Nanami along with Tomoe.

- time skip -

Nanami closed the class handbook with a sigh and I yawned. Tomoe was asleep on the desk beside us, making us giggle quietly to each other.

"Leave him. We can come back and get him after we turn this in." She nodded and we left the classroom. As we crossed the breezeway, there was a man.

"Hello Mina, Nice weather isn't it?" I pushed Nanami behind me and growled at him, letting my ears and tail show.

"We forgot about the snake!" I nodded slightly at her.

"Nanami, go, get Tomoe. I'll be fine." She nodded and ran back inside, the class handbook forgotten on the ground. I made a gushed of wind blow towards the demon before running into the area behind me. Quickly, I made a cloud and jumped on. If he wants me, he gonna have to catch me first. I flew up high and looked back down. What is he doing with that water? Oh crud, he can make it into a water snake! Fly cloud! Fly! I dashed off on the small cloud, the snake demon not far behind. Why me? I yelped as it started pouring down rain, making me lose my focus and the cloud to disappear. I screamed as I fell to the ground below. Turning, I tried using the wind to slow me down but it was useless, I couldn't concentrate enough. I closed my eyes as I neared the ground. When I didn't I opened my eyes to see the snake demon carrying me on his giant water snake. I blushed cherry red seeing his arm around my waist. He grinned at me.

"You ok Miss Mina?" I nodded slightly as everything got blurry. Soon, darkness took me over.

- time skip -

I groaned slightly as I woke up. My head is pounding. Opening my eyes, I saw two shrine spirits holding a centipied in front of my face.

"Hey Wolf demon. Centipied?" I screamed and kicked them and the centipied away. Eww! The snake demon came into the room and smiled at me. I looked around the room, so we are in a shrine and I guessed right, he is a shrine familiar.

"You're awake! Morning Mina-chan." I looked at him.

"Why am I here?" He smiled at me.

"Why that mark on your wrist should tell you. Mistress already blessed the marriage!" I narrowed my eyes at him and stood up.

"Like hell I will stay here! I'm leaving!" He just smriked while the shrine spirits snickered.

"You can try~" He gives me the creeps. I walked outside and through the gates. Smirking as I did so, I ran down the path. This place is so creepy. I tried to make a cloud but couldn't, why? I sat by a tree and started meditating. I couldn't even form a puff of wind. Something is making me not be able to use my wind here!