Chapter 7

Bellamy ran over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. For a few seconds I stood there shocked. Though, after a moment or two, I flung my arms around him tightly.

Truth be told, I was not ready to see Bellamy. His face contained the expressions of the all the corpses I had killed. It reminded me of leaving my people...and it also reminded me that I would never be able to return the feelings that Bellamy had for me.

I looked over at Lexa who sat hunched over in the corner. She watched us carefully with a confusing expression on her face. I had never seen it before and for some reason it put an uneasy feeling inside me.

"Clarke you need to come with me quick. The grounders will return soon." He said as he released me from his large embrace.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked puzzled.

"I followed you here with Monty when you left. I was waiting for the perfect time to save you. Now come on before they return."

I shook my head and stumbled backward. He looked at me sternly but I could only point over to Lexa.

"Help her first."

He nodded and reached over to help her up. At first she was reluctant to accept his hand, but after seeing my annoyed expression, she took the help.

Monty was at the top, carefully pulling Lexa up. She groaned in pain every time her body rocked against the stones.

"Your turn" Bellamy said, extending his arms towards me.

I walked over and felt Monty quickly embrace me, once I was at the top.

"Missed you" He said sweetly. I winked at him in reply.

Once we were all up, I heard a low rumble of footsteps returning to the camp.

"Quickly" Bellamy ushered. We all began to run over to the forest. All but one. Next to a fallen tree, Lexa lay in pain. I broke away from Bellamy and Monty and ran over to her.

I put her arm around my shoulder and attempted to pick her up. Though, no matter how hard I tried, I was to weak.

"Go" She whispered.

"I'm not going to leave you"

"I left you Clarke. I know you can do the same."

"If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I don't leave my people behind" I snapped at her.

"I am not one of you're people."

"You are now"

"Since when?" She asked doubtfully.

"Since you were left for dead after trying to defend the sky people, and since you claimed your love for one too."

I turned around and saw Bellamy motioning for me to come with them. I could only shake my head. After realizing I wouldn't go with them, they both ran over and lifted Lexa up. By this point, they were not careful with her, and the groans of pain that came from her grew, putting a bulge in the back of my throat.