Chapter 3

I stood in line with Camp Jaha's gates. Looking in, I was swept with the images of my people. And just like I had suspected, I was swamped with the images of Mt.Weather's people too.

"Are you ready to come home?" Lincoln asked me, standing by the opening.

"No" I answered as I brushed past him, entering the camp for the first time in 2 months.

Right away a crowd had gathered. They thanked me for saving them, they offered me food and water, and they flooded me with questions. I was overwhelmed and was becoming highly stressed.

"SILENCE EVERYONE" Cried Lincoln. He beckoned for me to exit the hoards of groups and follow him into the ark.

2 months ago I had left without an explanation and I left without goodbyes. I never thought about the return and how it could effect my mother. The thought overwhelmed me.

"Hey commander girl!" I heard a cheerful voice call. I turned around to see Raven hobbling behind me.

"Raven!" I cried as I embraced her. She shooed me away into the other room quickly, looking happy to see me, yet a little under stress.

My mom ran up to me, tears forming in her eyes. My heart skipped a beat and I sunk into her comforting arms.

After being reunited with everyone, I felt a little better. It was a comforting feeling knowing that my people missed me.

"Clarke, Lincoln probably has told you about our issues. If he told you then you know we need to do something before they attack and take you." My mother was talking quick and she looked flustered.

"They don't need to attack and find me. I've decided that I'm going to go voluntarily." I announced.

I watched the room grow silent. Everyone looked around at one another trying to find some sort of explanation.

"As you know, Lexa is not in command anymore. This means we have no more defense against the grounders. Over the period I've been away, I have grown stronger. I've been able to fend for myself. I've protected my people once. I can do it again."

My mother looked over at me looking stubborn. Although her face had softened to my words. After a few moments a cheer came from the people. I had technically put my people in this mess. It was my duty to get them out of it.

"Bellamy, hand me my bow" I commanded.